Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 246383
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Charlotte
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 15%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
Siemens Building Technologies is currently searching for a dynamic Senior Sales Executive to manage and grow our Charlotte area for our Building Automation Solutions Sales group. The primary responsibility of the Senior Sales Executive is to achieve booking and gross margin goals by developing and implementing plans to pursue all sales opportunities for the assigned vertical markets or territory. The Senior Sales Executive will team-sell with other salespeople as appropriate and effectively handle the most sophisticated deals independently within our established guidelines.
· Develops and strengthens new and existing business relationships with Mechanical Contractors, Engineer, General Contractors and End User Influencers to position and create a business case to utilize Siemens Building Technologies solutions in their facilities. Possesses the skills to communicate the impact to the customer’s business objectives of utilizing Siemens solutions within their facilities. Typical decision maker contacts exist of C-Suite, Estimators, and Design Engineers. Vertical markets targeted include Commercial Office, Healthcare and Government.
· Must have desire to win new business outside of existing customer base.
· Works directly engineers and contractors to provide Controls Solutions Package to meet design intent.
· Creates and implements strategic sales strategies to successfully position Siemens to secure targeted projects in a competitive environment.
· Effectively performs needs assessments, develops sales proposals, estimates, specifications and presentations. Works with operations, finance, legal and other inside and outside resources as needed to obtain the sale.
· Follows through on sold projects to ensure satisfactory completion. Ensures a smooth sales-to-operations turnover and monitors progress. Assists in resolving installation, collections and other customer satisfaction issues as needed. Assists customers and potential customers with problems involving the use of company products and services and recommends suitable resolutions accordingly.
· Prepares accurate and thorough sales activity reports, forecast reports and expense tracking.
· Participates in civic and professional organizations to build a network of contacts to advance achievement of sales targets.
· Actively participates in sales department meetings, workshops and seminars. Keeps current on market business and product trends. Continues to pursue in-depth product and service knowledge and acquire deeper selling, technical and financial skills.
· When managing current accounts, develops and deploys account management strategies and prepares annual technology roadmap for clients.
· Team sells with service partners to bundle solutions and expand Siemens participation in opportunities. Other solutions typically bundled include Fire Alarm Systems, Security Systems, and Low & Medium Voltage products.
· Develops and builds long-term relationships.
· Expands the value of assigned accounts for all Siemens Building Technologies offerings.
· Drives/coordinates new business across all product lines to meet objectives. Focus on customer retention and satisfaction/loyalty.
· General annual booking volume guideline is $2-4 million.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business or a similar field preferred, although a combination of education and directly related work experience will also be considered. (Minimum education is a high school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency exam.)
· At least four years of technical sales with a sales cycle and customer-relationship responsibility similar to those required to be successful in this role; experience with building automation/mechanical services sales preferred.
· Requires medium level of technical and financial expertise to effectively and independently estimate and sell Siemens Building Technologies solutions and service product lines.
· Related professional certifications preferred.
· Must be at least 21 years of age and have a valid Driver’s License in good standing, and must meet eligibility requirements to participate in the required Siemens Vehicle Plan.
· Up to 15% travel as required.
· Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.