Business Unit: United States
Requisition Number: 246392
Primary Location: United States-California-Sacramento
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Technical Diploma
Travel Required: No
Group Lead Factory Commissioning Light Rail Vehicles
The ideal candidate must have a solid technical understanding of the Rolling Stock testing/commissioning process in order to lead their team through the different factory commissioning phases to ensure that they meet the plant goals of quality, productivity, and on time deliveries. The position has the full support of the Field Service Department Management to execute this mission. The candidate should be energized by the challenges we face when commissioning industry leading Light Rail Vehicles. In order to succeed at this challenge, the candidate must be self-directed and continuously looking for improvement possibilities in themselves and their team.
- Lead teams of test technicians to ensure the safety, health, and welfare of all team members.
- Ensures adherence to defined guidelines, processes and procedures, and ensures achievement of safety, quality and schedule.
- Leads the testing of LRVs in during dayshift and participates in the creation of solutions to departmental challenges.
- Employee relations including; employee motivation, effective two-way communication and employee engagement
- Performance Management; monitor and escalate to maintain performance levels of team
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Decision making skills
- Must be proficient in electrical, pneumatic, mechanical troubleshooting
- Minimum of 3-5 years related experience