Business Unit: United States
Requisition Number: 246421
Primary Location: United States-California-Sacramento
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
Responsible for point to point wire checks, troubleshooting and repairs on next generation light rail, locomotives and coaches. Need to be familiar with electrical harnessing and connector assembly according wire lists and schematics.
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
- Perform electrical point to point wire checks on light rail, locomotive and coaches
- Troubleshoot, document and repair electrical and mechanical failures
- Work with state-of-the-art dialogistic test equipment.
- Understand and comply with company and industry safety standards.
- Communicate with others, verbally and in writing, technical information, job procedure recommendations, and other work-related information.
- Have ability to work independently and among a team with multi-disciplinary backgrounds.
- Read, interpret and understand written or electronic schematics.
- Installing and removing test equipment
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- High school diploma (or GED)
- 1+ years experience in relevant field
- Must be proficient in electrical troubleshooting