Sr Application Engineer - Automatic Transfer Switches
Business Unit: Low Voltage Products
Requisition Number: 246432
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Hingham
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
Russelectric, A Siemens Business, is a leading U.S. manufacturer of power control systems including paralleling switchgear and automatic transfer switches. As a growing business, we are looking for a Senior Sales Application Engineer in our Hingham, MA location.
Reporting to the Product Line Manager of Automatic Transfer Switch, this position focuses primarily on sales application assistance, quoting, and sales order management for all aspects of Russelectric Automatic Transfer Switches.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our employees to act as owners, make decisions and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we'd like to meet you!
• Assist customers and Rep force with applications assistance, including; ATS Specification Review, design assistance and discusses, interprets, reviews and provides technical solutions to customer requirements/applications.
• Provide customer assistance to early stage planning and applications.
• Work with Engineering & Switchgear Sales teams to coordinate quotes accurately.
• Work closely with Engineering to meet specification and application expectations & technical requirements.
• Manage the engineering submittal calendar.
• Coordinate with engineering, purchasing and production teams regarding production scheduling and order ship dates.
• Prepare and respond to requests for proposals and quotes (RFP’s and RFQ’s).
• Handle administrative functions for assigned RFQ’s and orders.
• Ability to support Rep force with order processing and making sure orders go out, prospecting and handing off sales leads to outside sales.
• Review and process contract documents for all order types.
• Follow-up with customers and reps to secure sales from previous quotes sent.
• Follow-up on unreleased orders to drive release for manufacture Pos.
• Call upon customers and reps to follow up with quotes.
• Handle calls from internal / external customers.
• Maintain positive relationships with existing business partners.
• Track projects through the system and support other teams to ensure shipments are completed on time.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Education:
1. 4-year Engineering Degree (BSEE, BSME).
2. Deep knowledge of power distribution and control equipment with focus on mission critical and secondary (traditional or alternative) generation.
3. Experience in the Critical Power, Electrical equipment and power control applications, and in the electrical equipment markets, with a successful track record in the mission critical and auxiliary generation market.
4. Team player able to build cooperative relationships.
5. Commitment to quality work, attention to detail and sense of urgency and ownership of work deliverables.
6. Can anticipate needs, thinks logically and strategically, exercises good judgment and acts independently as necessary.
7. Experience as a project engineer, field services, application engineer or sales within market.
8. Strong functional and technical knowledge, including:
- Experience supporting Customers and Reps in a highly engineered product line in a Lean Mfg. environment is desired.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize.
- Clear and positive verbal and written communication skills so as to work successfully face-to-face, on the phone, and by email
9. Experience working with external customers and representatives.
10. Ability to collaborate and work with all levels of management.
11. Sound decision making and clear communication with all other departments.
12. Must have a successful track record of promoting teamwork and positive relationships
13. Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary.
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.