Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 246454
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Plymouth
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens Smart Infrastructure is growing! We are currently looking for an experienced Estimator to support our Building Automation Sales Group located in Plymouth, MI. The primary responsibility is to complete sales estimates and engineer complex systems for the sales team including project take-offs, specification interpretation and associated activities.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
• Accurately estimates labor and material job costs and provides technical support and advice to Sales and Operations teams.
• Acts as external liaison working with clients maintaining high level of customer satisfaction.
• Develops and maintains engineering design and pricing resources for field sales teams.
• With sales, operations and project managers, completes site walk-troughs to determine specific client needs and ensure project requirements are met including safety standards.
• Assists sales by providing project labor and equipment costs, counts, ensuring part number accuracy.
• Values projects by product and installation and creates scope documents (prime to subcontractors and vice versa) using quote software.
• Provides operational and troubleshooting advice as needed.
• Provides subcontractor bid packages & assistance by evaluating customer site system requirements and accurate job estimates.
• Researches and develops alternative, improved solutions when possible.
• Maintains all job folders for open projects.
• Act as external liaison for owners, general contractors, sub contractors and trades people as needed.
• Facilitates project closure turnover meetings between assigned sales and operations employees.
• Works with vendors to design and price systems.
• Stays abreast of and educate others on new product information.
• Develops and maintains resources for sales and operations team including technical library, cut sheets, manuals and vendor product information.
• Assists in establishing pricing including verification of subcontractor/vendor costs.
• Represents Siemens to community, professional and governmental groups including interaction with federal, state and local officials and professional organization representatives.
• Maintains and increases technical knowledge and competence in company products, applications and services.
• Bachelors or Associates Degree in Electronics, Engineering Technology preferred, however a combination of education (H.S. Diploma or GED Equivalency at minimum required) and experience will also be considered.
• 4 to 5 year’s technical background in project development, installation and project management administration.
• Thorough knowledge of and ability to train others on product applications.
• Strong organization, project management and communication skills and ability to make professional presentations.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and Power Point. Senior: Expert knowledge and broad engineering understanding of HVAC and Building Automation Products.
• Must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing and be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.