Business Unit: Commercial Finance
Requisition Number: 246466
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Malvern
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
As the Business Planner, you will be responsible for the timely submission and accurate reporting of all Business Plans, Annual Budgets and Monthly Forecasts for the Commercial Finance Business Unit. Additionally, you will be responsible for supporting Siemens Financial Services, Inc.’s Accounting group through the monthly close process. This support will include: review of new business for completeness and correctness, review of all accruals including legal, bonus, commissions and operating accruals, participation in monthly closing meetings, reviewing account reconciliation and account mappings. Finally, you will work with Commercial Finance Management to provide internal reporting on a scheduled basis and collaborate with all Commercial Finance employees to ensure, from a financial perspective, that all transactions are recorded in compliance with applicable guidelines including Siemens Financial Reporting Guidelines. You can accomplish this by using tools such as: SAP, Cassiopae, Hyperion Financial Management, Smart View, and the Microsoft suite of products.
- Business Planning and Forecasting for Commercial Finance including timely and accurate submission of all planning and forecast data through the Hyperion tool
- You will collaborate with
- Commercial Finance Management
- Cost Center owners to gather currently relevant information on the business
- Business Planner for other SFS BUs to ensure accuracy of cross charged expense
- Siemens Corporate Tax
- Accounting and Controlling function in Headquarters.
- You will partner with Internal SFS customers including Sales Leadership and Sales force, Operations teams, Asset Management, Tax and Accounting
- Monthly close process – review preliminary SG&A results, review preliminary volume, analyze accruals (including commissions, legal and other expense) and participate in monthly close meetings
- Provide timely variance analysis to Commercial Finance CEO and CFO.
- Refine and maintain Business Planning models and processes to prepare annual Business Plans and current year forecasts against budget.
- Prepare and track quarterly commission statements
- Prepare and Create Ad hoc reporting and analysis.
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of the Leasing Industry, specifically lease accounting, pricing, tax and asset management.
- Ability to communicate, both written and verbal, at technical and non-technical levels to Senior Management and peers
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to successfully multitask, demonstrating strong organizational skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Cassiopae and SAP
- Minimum of 5-7 years of Financial Planning and Analysis experience and Leasing Industry experience a plus
- Knowledge of IFRS
- Degree in Finance or Accounting, CPA and/or MBA preferred or similar experience
Siemens AG (Berlin and Munich) is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 170 years. The company is active around the globe, focusing on the areas of power generation and distribution, intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems, and automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Through the separately managed company Siemens Mobility, a leading supplier of smart mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is shaping the world market for passenger and freight services. Due to its majority stakes in the publicly listed companies Siemens Healthineers AG and Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, Siemens is also a world-leading supplier of medical technology and digital healthcare services as well as environmentally friendly solutions for onshore and offshore wind power generation. In fiscal 2018, which ended on September 30, 2018, Siemens generated revenue of €83.0 billion and net income of €6.1 billion. At the end of September 2018, the company had around 379,000 employees worldwide. Further information is available on the Internet at .