Business Unit: Oil & Gas
Requisition Number: 246467
Primary Location: United States-New York-Olean
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Can you help us shape the future? We're looking for dedicated Machinist with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow.
Join our manufacturing team as a Machinist to help us provide quality products that make a difference. As a Machinist you will be setting up and operating six different milling machines or similar machines to perform various milling, drilling, tapping, boring, facing, turning, etc., operations on component parts for compressors and turbines.
You will be working on 2nd shift at our Olean, New York facility.
- Setup and operate a manual or CNC lathe, mill, jig bore, etc. to do a variety of close tolerance machining.
- Produce parts from prints, samples, sketches or drawings and check work, using standard and/or special gauging devices. All work must conform to highest quality standards.
- Install and adjusting tools, set feeds and speeds, install fixtures, blocks, shims, and clamping devices.
- Load and unload parts with jib hoist, following established company procedures for loading and unloading parts and materials.
- Oil and grease machine as required. Clean machine at regular intervals. Use coolant when machining.
- Conform to all safety procedures and policies
- Adhere to all company policies set forth in terms of smoking, harassment, mutual respect, etc.
What will you need to qualify for this role?
- Candidates must achieve a passing score on the TABE test issued at One Stop
- Experience in the setup and operation of manual and/or CNC milling or turning machines, horizontal boring mills for heavy metal removal on medium to large parts and to produce component parts and assemblies.
- Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 pounds on a regular basis throughout the day.
Your shift work hours are from 3:00 pm - 11:00 pm respectively in addition to your base hourly rate you will receive an additional $.70 per hour shift differential.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States