Business Unit: Digital Grid
Requisition Number: 246486
Primary Location: United States-California-Foster City
Other Locations: United States-California-, United States-Oregon-, United States-Arizona-, United States-Colorado-, United States-Nevada-, United States-Washington-
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 50%
Siemens Energy Management Division
The Products and Systems Division of Siemens is the one-stop supplier of sophisticated energy management technology across the entire energy conversion chain – from power transmission right through to the customer – and makes it possible to adapt power grids to future demands, through modernization and capability enhancement. Our technology simplifies the control of power grids and ensures an economic, reliable, intelligent, highly-available and efficient grid operation.
The Digital Grid Solutions and Services Business Unit brings to market solutions that are scalable and compliant with industry standards for interoperability and security. We are making the Digital Grid a reality by partnering with our customers to implement their Digital Grid visions. We have major locations in Minneapolis, MN; Foster City, CA; Schenectady, NY; Houston, TX; and Wendell, NC.
Scope of the Position:
The Digital Grid Business Unit – Grid Simulation Software Sales Account Manager will establish and lead the sales initiatives to grow the business with new client acquisition and existing client spend expansion through sales of software solutions, strategic services and educational opportunities to Utilities, System Operators, Industrials, Developers and Financial institutions as specified in their Territory Agreement. This role is responsible for delivering on a quarterly basis bookings number across the portfolio of products and solutions contained within the Grid Simulation Software business segment including but not limited to: PSS®E, PSS®ODMS, PSS®SINCAL, Network Model Management and Electrical Digital Twin solutions.
- Meet or exceed orders booked and gross margin targets for the PTI business segment in the territory.
- Organize and lead virtual teams across multiple Digital Grid product lines to respond to customer requests for complex system solutions.
- Collaborate and communicate with Siemens Energy front end sales and the Technical Sales resources in other Digital Grid Business Units to open sales channels, increase sale and break in to underpenetrated accounts.
- Develop and execute the strategic plan of operations for bookings in the territory and present the sales pipeline and forecast to executive management on a bi-weekly basis.
- Develop specific territory and opportunity capture plans, critical to success in this role.
- Prepare and deliver customer presentations, and proficiently demonstrate complex software solutions to clients by leading the capture team and demo teams.
- Strong negotiation skills; ability to deliver favorable outcomes to both Siemens and the customer.
- Work with proposal managers and the extended proposal team to develop customer specific proposals and lead the risk review process (LOA) to Siemens management.
- Contribute to marketing activities including development of marketing material for presentation to customers.
- Contribute/participate in key trade show activities applicable to the market/territory.
- Support the management team by providing insights into market dynamics, and strategic actions being used to effectively close target opportunities.
- Lead strategy and market penetration efforts for new and innovative solutions based on the regional customer’s specific needs.
- Develop annual key account plans for top volume and growth customers in the region to be presented to executive management.
- Understand specific customer needs and guide towards a solution which best supports their unique objectives.
- Support initiatives focused around the growth of emergent solutions both internally to Siemens and externally to customer organizations – Including but not limited to Digital Twin, Software as a Service, etc.
- 5+ years of business experience with responsibilities for consultative sales to Utilities, System Operators, Industrials, Developers, EPCs and Financial institutions.
- Proven track record of account management including accurate sales forecast, sales process management, and successful attainment of quota across multiple product/service lines.
- Demonstrated experience with diverse sales channels - direct, indirect, and diverse sales processes – professional service and software solution sales in large matrix organizations.
- Demonstrated negotiating skills, conflict management skills, sense of accountability, and the ability to work though others.
- Ability to strategize and demonstrate creative problem solving to overcome customer challenges and support job responsibilities.
- Persuasive presentation and effective communication skills--both verbal and written.
- Willingness and ability to travel 50% of the time.