Business Unit: Smart Infrastructure
Requisition Number: 246503
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Hingham
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Russelectric, A Siemens Business, is a leading U.S. manufacturer of power control systems including paralleling switchgear and automatic transfer switches. As a growing business, we are looking for an After-Market Project Engineer to join our Hingham, MA team. The Project Engineer will be responsible for the development of, and modification to, custom Low & Medium Voltage Switchgear Control & Distribution Systems.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our employees to act as owners, make decisions and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
- Review Sales Order Entry Packages (Specifications, Drawings, Bill of Materials, etc.) to develop Project
- Submittals (Physical Detail Drawings, System Descriptions, Bill of Materials, Etc.).
- Participate in Pre-Submittal and Submittal Review Meetings as required to obtain Project releases.
- Development of Project Schematics.
- Partner with members across various departments to provide releases to the Production Floor
- Provide ongoing support to the Test and Field Service teams
- Provide an estimated completion schedule for every project and assignment and ensure projects are completed by set timelines
- Proactively identify areas for continuous improvement as it relates to department standards
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
2. Minimum of 3 years of design experience, focused on electrical power control circuits with a strong understanding of diesel generator control and switchgear system operation
3. Extensive knowledge in PLC based and relay control logic, electrical metering, protective relaying, and SCADA systems
4. Ability to interpret schematics, wiring prints, point lists, and other documentation.
5. Working knowledge with Windows, Word, AutoCad, and Promis∙e software.
6. Good organizational skills, able to establish priorities, while managing multiple projects at once
7. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.