Business Unit: Diagnostic Imaging
Requisition Number: 246583
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Hoffman Estates
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Take your place in creating the future of healthcare. Join our team at Siemens Healthineers as an embedded Software Developer.
This position is as a member of the embedded software development team for the Molecular Imaging (MI) business unit located in Hoffman Estates, IL. The MI unit develops nuclear gamma ray cameras for SPECT and PET modalities.
This position is well suited for an eager professional who wants to dedicate themselves to the quality and safety of our SPECT cameras. Selected candidate will join a team responsible for lifecycle development of safety critical subsystems such as motion control and detector. Job will impact all phases of development including requirements and architecture, design and implementation, verification and validation, and sustaining engineering for products already in the field.
Successful candidate will be able to demonstrate their ability to contribute to the team in the following areas.
- Driver level interface to embedded OS (Linux, custom). Driver level development, and support for OS issuesProgramming in C/C++, with some assembly level development required
- Motor control, safety requirement implementation, hazard mitigation, and serviceability enablers.
- Participate in requirements definition, and architecture level specification
- Document design and develop code to meet requirements/architecture
- Development automated testing in parallel with development, where applicable
- Participate in the definition, development, and execution of test cases
- Work with HW and embedded SW level tools such as scopes, analyzers, and debuggers
- Support for escalated field issues
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS Degree in CS, EE, or CE, plus 2-5 years experience or advanced (MS) degree
- Programming in C/C++ with some assembly language
- Strong knowledge of hardware/software interfacing and working directly with HW
- ARM processors and embedded OS (Linux, QNX, etc)
- Hands-on testing/debugging of embedded systems
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Python programming
- Knowledge of risk mitigations, and safety considerations for motion control systems
- Motor control and tuning
- Diagnostic interface and data collection
- Travel is possible, but not a key expectation for the position