Business Unit: Procurement
Requisition Number: 246588
Primary Location: United States-Minnesota-Minnetonka
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: No
- Participates in semi-complex buying strategies to purchase and arrange timely deliveries of supplies and materials.
- Create POs in SAP and follow-up and/or expedites as needed.
- Serves as liaison between vendors and Business Units.
- Obtain prior approval for purchases in excess of established limits for multiple business units within Siemens Energy Management.
- Participates in the negotiation of prices, terms and quality requirements; requests for quotes and assists in the development of new supply sources as support to Commodity Managers.
- Monitoring negotiations, supplier changes and design to cost activities against budgeted plan.
- REACH and RoHS confirmation for all material, as needed.
- Ensure a smooth transition of suppliers/purchased material to customer site.
- Significant role in identifying supplier transfer opportunities and then leading/participating in quoting, negotiating and getting internal approvals for the transfer.
- Support recurring supplier issues, supplier transfer projects and other significant procurement projects and opportunities.
- Resolves semi-complex delivery, quality or other related problems with purchases and invoices.
- Participate in Strategic Procurement activities as required.
- Concise, regular reporting of activities in our standard formats, as required.
- Solicits cost reduction ideas from suppliers and initiates follow up action to implement these savings for the company.
- Assists as back-up for other Procurement Personnel within team.
- Accomplished in implementing practical procedures or systems which are moderately complex, and/or specialized skills which require some technical knowledge to apply.
- Proven ability to identify and resolve difficult issues through implementation.
- Proven leadership and “take charge” capabilities.
- Ability to understand and influence a variety of people.
- Expertise within SAP across multiple roles e.g., Buying, Supplier Qualification, Sourcing etc.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office required.
- Advanced abilities with Microsoft Office (especially Excel and Power Point) a plus.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Education and Experience
- BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3-5 years’ experience in area of Procurement responsibilities.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to interact across multiple departments and levels of management.
- Prior involvement/knowledge of project management.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.