Business Unit: Digital Services
Requisition Number: 246596
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Princeton
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Master's Degree
Travel Required: No
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Sr. AI Scientist - Data Analytics and Optimization
The Digital Technology and Innovation team of Siemens Healthcare, Digital Services, has an immediate opening for a senior research scientist with a focus on Operations Research and Data Analytics. Our Princeton facility is recognized for providing a stimulating environment for highly talented and self-motivated engineers and scientists. Driven by a strong culture of innovation, we have a record of developing cutting edge technologies and excel in translating academic research into advanced Siemens products. You will have the opportunity to test your knowledge in a challenging problem-solving environment. You will be encouraged to think out-of-the-box, innovate and find solutions to real-life problems. Our team has a strong publication record in leading journals and conferences. We are located ten minutes from the Princeton University campus, one hour from New York City and Philadelphia.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Sr. AI Scientist, you will be responsible for:
- Research, design, and implement algorithms for Data Analytics and Optimization
- Advance the state-of-the-art in the field, including generating patents and publications in top journals and conferences
- Work on large-scale, real-world problems, be entrepreneurial in an environment that’s more startup than big company
- Work with customers to understand requirements and deliver solutions
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- MS or preferably PhD in Operations Research, Applied Mathematics or Computer Science
- 2-4+ years of experience (including post-graduate study), with strong knowledge in operations research
- Strong theoretical and practical background in integer programming, scheduling and routing and in at least one of the following fields: machine learning, predictive analysis, demand forecastin
- Experience with CPLEX, docplex or other commercial and open source optimizers
- Familiarity with deep learning, (deep) reinforcement learning and time series analysis
- Hands-on coding skills and ability to quickly prototype in Python. Knowledge of systems for software version control (SVN, Git) and software build (CMake) is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English is required
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a can-do attitude, who is willing to accept challenges and responsibilities
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in a growing, dynamic team
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers
If you wish to find out more about Siemens Healthineers before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.