Business Unit: Large Drives Applications
Requisition Number: 246622
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-New Kensington
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: No
Provide production solutions for engineering in the world’s leading water and air cooled, medium voltage, variable frequency drives.
The Engineering Technician I will be responsible to support production projects and core maintenance, which include the understanding and execution of Operations Engineering departmental processes. In addition, have a working knowledge of supplier data sheets, purchase order requirements, written inspection plans, verbal instructions and function in a team environment.
Engineering defect mitigation and containment in production
Respond to notifications of engineering problems identified by production, quality inspection, or other sources.
Provide timely resolution to assembly issues on the standard product.
Generate short term corrective actions to facilitate the solution of the problem
Coordinate containment of the problem.
Determine root cause of situation and generate long term correction actions if product maintenance is required
Document the solution to the problem and associated information in CATSWEB.
Support containment of engineering issues via collaboration with other company functions.
Based off production containment, generate ECRs as necessary for incorporation into the core product lines
Work with Product Owners to develop and implement product continuous improvement ideas
Assist in maintain product documentation including design guides, specifications, user’s manuals, wiring schematics, assembly drawings and other product documentation.
Use of PLM system (Teamcenter) to obtain engineering released documentation
Attend design reviews internally to resolve technical and programmatic issues.
Lead report-out of STCA and LTCA as well as assist in status of core products
Participate and perform action items as a team member or lead projects involving other engineers and cross-functional team members.
Represent Operations Engineering Department on cross-functional teams/meetings
Demonstrates knowledge of organizations business practices and issues
Self-motivated with ability to deliver on-time
Housekeeping and 5S activities which includes organizing work area for orderliness at all times and ensuring work area is accessible and safe for internal employees and customer traffic
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Two year technical degree minimum in the Electrical Field
- Intermediate computer skills required, including Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Basic math skills and problem solving skills
- Ability to read electrical wiring diagrams
- Ability to read mechanical drawing packets
- Strong organization and excellent time management skills
- Possess a familiarity with, and an ability to follow, all engineering policies and procedures.
- Understand and follow a standard engineering ECR process
- Travel not required for position
- Safety and Quality attitude
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Minimum of one to three years manufacturing experience
- Knowledge of SAP
- Knowledge of Teamcenter
- Medium Voltage Experience
- Working in a high paced production environment