Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 246665
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Bloomington
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 20%
- Completes complex projects while working with the project manager and associated technicians.
- Performs compilation of materials and specification sheets and assists other engineers and project managers to procure equipment.
- Performs the programming and commissioning for complex to smaller fire alarm systems.
- Performs review of complex engineering drawings and supporting documents for adherence to code and standards.
- Performs engineering on small to complex projects
- Assists with project planning and coordinates technicians on their job site.
- Provides expertise and knowledge throughout the system or service project lifecycle. Duties include: estimating, designing, tracking, start up and commissioning jobs of larger revenue and/ or multiple projects requiring greater planning and technical expertise than the next lower level position.
- Attends pre-booking meetings to gain knowledge of the sales estimate and project scope. Analyzes plans, specifications, and contract to determine system requirements. Selects products, sizes, types, and location placement to ensure products meet specification requirements.
- Assists with design development of building fire alarm systems consisting of mechanical system layouts, electrical drawings, bill of materials, sequence of operations, damper schedules to meet the intent of the based on project plans, specifications and contract documents.
- Oversees the creation of system graphics. Troubleshoots possible issues including identifying and debugging software and ensures Siemens enterprise software is loaded and operates as intended.
- Provides on-site assistance with or performs the programming, start-up, checkout, commissioning and validation processes. Participates in job site final walk-through on assigned jobs, completes all job closeout documentation and provides customer training. Acts as a technical resource to existing customers and field employees as needed.
- Coordinates work with subcontractors. May be responsible for training lower level engineers and specialists. Must be able to perform all tasks with minimal supervision or coaching.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Previous experience with Commercial Fire Alarms and Electronic Security Systems.
- NICET Level II or Higher
- Experience with design, estimating, plan & specs of commercial Fire Alarms & Electronic Security Systems.
- Individual must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing
- Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Associate's degree in /engineering/electronics or other related technical field preferred.