Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 246675
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Bridgeville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens Smart Infrastructure is searching for a dynamic experienced Security Systems Specialist Specialist to participate in security system design, specification, deployment, programming, commissioning/testing, equipment installation, trial runs, investigative tests, repairs and overhauls. This position also requires customer training to be performed, as required, on Siemens Security product lines (Siemens and third party). You will perform semi-complex to complex work on new system deployments as well extensions to existing systems. This position will report to the Solutions Specialist Supervisor.
- Leads in the performance of Security System Preparation & Design Coordination: works with engineering and project management to create and/or verify point database and design basis; participates in the review/modification of job specific programming.
- Leads in the verification of point database and ensures programming are consistent with scope of work for integration and sequence; backs up data from data servers and/or creates automated backup procedure; troubleshoots and resolves routine inconsistencies in the functions or sequence of operations; contacts Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) for technical support as/when needed.
- Project Site Communication and Coordination: provides support for the scheduling of trade contractors to coordinate startup services as needed; participates in the coordination of network drops, IP addresses and monitoring tools with customer's IT Department personnel; works with equipment vendors to coordinate communication protocols, encryption, and database requirements for integration to their systems.
- Operational Testing, Verification and Acceptance: Runs semi-complex reports to analyze system operation, works with customer to demonstrate system operation and verify consistency with the contracted scope of work (IE Commissioning Agents or test and balance contractors, others); participates in final inspection and testing; assures customer acceptance; trains customers on system operations. Completes and submits routine written reports; provides Plans & Control System Documents to engineering for as-built drawings.
- Leads technical delivery for complex integrated security and/or network integration projects. Coordinates with Technicians and Engineering personnel from Security Solutions or Service as needed.
- Leads in the set up and configuration of servers, workstations, user interfaces, IP Networking devices, protocols, routers, switches, mass storage devices and hubs. Confirms proper network performance.
- Analyzes customer system requirements for use/integration and recommends and implements technical solutions.
- Configures and troubleshoots integrated products and devices. Diagnoses and resolves network / integration technical problems on customer sites.
- Coordinates installations and/or upgrades of Security Systems with Customers IT Department.
- Troubleshoots network, software, hosted system malfunctions.
- Shares high level competence on Networking, Network Architecture, and other security system software and hardware solutions.
- Develops innovative and creative solutions and shares with others within the security department/division.
- Maintains technical expertise on all new products, tools, and gateways through continuing education initiatives.
- Performs customer training of newly delivered systems.
- Mentors newer employees.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
- Knowledgeable regarding Workstation/Server, Router, and IT protocols and how they are applied and executed in support of large complex security system deployments.
- Current and in-depth understanding of 3rd party security systems software.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly proficient in:
- Network Architecture (routers, switches)
- Network Configuration
- Server/workstation set up (includes VM and Redundant Fault Tolerant)
- Network Certifications preferred
- SQL Database
- Certifications/Extensive Experience with following products:
Access Control – Software House, Lenel, Intron IMS 2000, Genetec, HID Global, ASSA-ABLOY, Bosch, Siemens SiPass, etc.
- CCTV – Milestone, Siemens Siveillance, Genetec, Samsung Senstar, American Dynamics, Bosch, Axis, Avigilon, etc.
- Intercom – Aiphone, Talk-A-Phone, Code Blue, etc.
- IT/Network – Cisco, Dell, Juniper, etc.
- Extensive Experience with following Security Solution Sets/Technologies /Standards:
Access Control – FISMA, HSPD-12, PACS, LACS, Smart Card, Biometrics, PSIM, Encryption, Wireless, Parking Control, Garage Counting Systems, Graphic Maps, etc.
- CCTV – VMS, video analytics, LPR, PSIM, Video Wall, various camera technologies, Pixel on target standards, Storage Calculations/configuration setup, etc.
- Intercom – IP, VOIP, SIP, Analog deployments
- Human Factors Design
Education and Experience:
- Associate’s degree in Engineering, Technology, or other related technical field or significant experience with 3rd party security systems and networks required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years experience with 3rd party security systems and network deployments. In-depth knowledge of Security Subsystem applications, system programming/setup, engineering, installation, service and problem resolution.