Business Unit: Low Voltage Products
Requisition Number: 246684
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Hingham
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Russelectric, A Siemens Business, is a leading U.S. manufacturer of power control systems including paralleling switchgear and automatic transfer switches. As a growing business, we are looking for a FAB & Machine Shop planner to join our Hingham, MA team.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our employees to act as owners, make decisions and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we'd like to meet you!
• Development of production schedules. Monitors workload, capacity and inventory.
• Manages and maintains demand planning in MRP
• Drafts production schedule for the machine shop and Sht. Mtl Fabrications to satisfy the MPS.
• Releases or Pull orders from suppliers based on demand
• Instructs buyers, placing purchase requests.
• Create, maintain, and post relevant metrics
• Administers production meetings as required to ensure successful communication and job execution to meet customer expectations and financial goals
• Work with Purchasing, Sales, Engineering to ensure that materials and product release package are available as needed during the production process and to meet shipping plan
• Assist Operations in developing rough capacity weekly model to ensure execution to plan, full utilization of machinery and resources, while maintaining inventory, on time delivery targets, and meeting internal financial goals
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field
• 3+ years of experience in an administration role.
• Demonstrated ability to make decisions based on data trending and intuition
• Demonstrated ability to interpret data and trends and developing action plans
• Experience working in a highly engineered product line; i.e. Lean Mfg. environment
• Demonstrated ability to interpret industry standards, technical drawings, and manufacturing procedures
• Proficient Microsoft suites skills, to include expert knowledge in or similar platform
• Attention to detail and accuracy in data entry, work package and schedule
• Good organizational skills, able to establish priorities, while managing multiple tasks at once
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to thrive in a diverse environment with minimal supervision
• Must have a demeanor and temperament to calmly resolve conflict in a way that promotes teamwork and positive relationships
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.