Business Unit: Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 246702
Primary Location: United States-Maryland-Baltimore
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 75%
- Provide “one face to the customer”, quarterback within account. Single point of contact for all customer needs.
- Assumes product ownership and responsibility of all diagnostic business units with basic understanding of the products and positioning against the competition.
- Develops relationship with base of customers to maintain and grow diagnostic reagent business in Chemistry, Immunoassay, Hematology, Hemostasis, Urinalysis, Molecular and Microbiology.
- Effective utilization of resources, both internal and external, to maintain and grow relationships to accomplish goals.
- Qualifies prospect and exchange instrument opportunity before bringing in Instrument Specialist. Tracks and manages sales process.
- Identifies and develops prospect opportunities for all product responsibilities.
- Accountable to drive all product line revenue in territory.
- Shared responsibility with all Specialists to maximize capital revenue.
- Develops and implements strategic plans for accounts, in line with company objectives, to grow revenue in a profitable way both short and long term.
- Updates reagent trending reports to ensure accuracy in reagent forecast.
- Manage quoting and proposal process as well as delivery to the customer in collaboration with Instrument specialist. Request quotes from Instrument Specialist.
- Manages customer compliance on reagent contracts and works to develop plans when customers are not meeting commitments.
- Conducts Business Reviews with top customers or when warranted.
- Responsible for forecasting revenue and unit opportunities in business reviews.
- Establish relationship with customers vertically from bench tech to c-suite. Develops trust and establishes credibility with diagnostic section heads and lab management. Maintains relationship with Materials Management, as well as C-suite.
- Develops a complete understanding of the organization's structure and key buying influences of assigned accounts.
- Orchestrates customer presentations and demonstrations, with specialist, articulating the value proposition of product / solution / service offerings.
- Problem resolution - assumes ownership of account issues and uses appropriate resources.
- BS/BA in related discipline or advanced degree, equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Geographically accessibility to territory.
- Proven history of successful sales with 3-5 years of experience in the healthcare industry.
- Ability to influence without authority and collaborate across all levels of an organization (internal and external).
- Ability to manage and resolve complex business problems; at times in the absence of existing procedures or practices.
- High degree of business acumen to include standard competencies (financial, market positioning, healthcare industry, and customer), in order to make sound decisions.
- Successfully applies complex knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization.
- Demonstrates knowledge of organization's business practices and issues.
- Ability of develop an understanding of product knowledge on all product lines.
- Demonstrated organization skills.