Business Unit: Project & Structured Finance Debt - Americas
Requisition Number: 246747
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Iselin
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
The Risk Processes & Tools Analyst will fill a key role within the SFS Inc. Project Structured Finance Americas Risk Management organization. Reporting to the Head of PS-AM Risk Process & Tools, and under the auspices of the SFS Inc. Chief Risk Officer, you will be responsible for managing internal and external auditor requests and will provide user support for SFS Risk Management tools and processes. In addition, you will be responsible for performing and documenting quality checks of SFS Risk Management workstreams and deliverables to ensure alignment and compliance with SFS Policies and Guidelines. You will actively participate in project teams in support of PS-AM digitalization and process automation initiatives. Strong analytical skills and the ability to produce concise and detailed reports and memorandum are essential, and experience in project management is a plus.
- Responsible for performing periodic quality and compliance reviews of PS-AM transactions, and reporting results to management.
- Analysis and monitoring of Risk Management processes in order to identify areas for improvement and present recommendations to management.
- Monitor data integrity within the systems that drive risk management reporting and metrics. Initiate corrective actions of data sources, then document the root causes and preventive action plan.
- Actively participate in various RM project teams and cross-functional work-groups.
- Possess the ability to quickly learn SFS Policy and Guidelines and to translate them into practical applications with respect to PS-AM RM.
- Become a subject matter expert in SFS Credit Policy and Guidelines as they apply to PS-AM RM.
- Gain familiarity with and develop functional expertise in the relevant Risk Management systems, workflow tools, and processes.
- Participate, coordinate, and lead training sessions relating to PS-AM RM Processes & Tools.
- Show professional acumen when dealing with auditors and participating in audit meetings.
- Assist in compiling, organizing, reviewing, and presenting, transactional documents and reports, and requested items during SFS audit engagements.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- A four-year college degree with concentration in Finance, Economics, or comparable Accounting, Statistics, Mathematics, and/or Business Management fields of study are strongly preferred.
- You should have two or more years of work experience or combined internships in the financial services industry or corporate lending, and familiarity with audit requirements and risk management principles.
- The position require excellent analytical skills, and a basic knowledge of risk management concepts in financial institutions and/or corporate entities.
- Requires the ability to lead presentations and to clearly communicate in group settings, and during training sessions, and conferences.
- Extremely detail oriented with strong writing skills and precise reporting of data.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- You should possess strong analytical skills – and be able to analyze large databases for data integrity. Must be able to detect and conduct root cause analysis and recommend remedial actions.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to manage and to work within multi-functional teams while building and maintaining strong working relationships and consensus across the SFS organizational hierarchies.
- Familiarity with financial audits and due diligence review of loan transactions, stored data, and loan documentation is highly desired.
Siemens AG (Berlin and Munich) is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 170 years. The company is active around the globe, focusing on the areas of power generation and distribution, intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems, and automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Through the separately managed company Siemens Mobility, a leading supplier of smart mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is shaping the world market for passenger and freight services. Due to its majority stakes in the publicly listed companies Siemens Healthineers AG and Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, Siemens is also a world-leading supplier of medical technology and digital healthcare services as well as environmentally friendly solutions for onshore and offshore wind power generation. In fiscal 2018, which ended on September 30, 2018, Siemens generated revenue of €83.0 billion and net income of €6.1 billion. At the end of September 2018, the company had around 379,000 employees worldwide. Further information is available on the Internet at www.siemens.com.