Business Unit: Rolling Stock
Requisition Number: 246757
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Alpharetta
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
The Strategic Procurement (SPR) Manager is responsible for the sourcing, negotiation and supplier strategy coordination within Mobility Division, Rolling Stock - Traction Drive Business Unit. Additionally, all outside Procurement support from other Siemens organizations will be coordinated and guided by the SPR Manager for Rolling Stock - Traction Drives. This role will report jointly into the Head of Bogie & Traction Drives BU Controller Mobility U.S. and Head of Mobility/ RS Strategic Procurement.
- Define and implement procurement strategies in alignment with global strategic guidelines
- Manage and lead the strategic procurement team to produce powerful and purposeful performance
Ensure long-term, cost-efficient and reliable on-time supply of materials in the required quality based on demand, market and supplier analysis.
- Prepare and conduct negotiations to obtain best value with support of Category Management from interconnected BU in some cases.
- Monitor the markets worldwide to create a basis for deciding the optimum sourcing strategy and cooperate with the best suppliers.
- Implement and ensure usage of globally defined methods, processes and systems to ensure high process efficiency and process compliance.
- Generate, document and implement savings, e.g. CNI; plan, monitor and report on relevant KPI to contribute to the success of the business and make results transparent.
- Support Supplier Management processes (e.g. qualification, selection, evaluation, development, classification); update supplier evaluation systems to obtain and develop the best suppliers and ensure transparency and high procurement quality.
- Ensure a close cooperation with internal customers to ensure customer care and early involvement.
- Forward systematically all relevant SPR related project information (e.g. updated contractual conditions, Supplier Management data) to keep all project participants up to date.
- Leverage Siemens U.S. Procurement network where possible and support close collaboration within MO SCM.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- 5-10 years of experience in procurement functions and cross functional experience gained through production organization preferred.
- Contract Management, contract negotiations with outside 3rd Party Suppliers. (professional)
- Project Management skills (intermediate /professional )
- Capability to quickly analyze processes, develop own solutions out of analyze and implement solutions in Rolling Stock - Traction Drives business.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certification may be required in some areas.
Demonstrates and applies comprehensive knowledge of field of specialization to the successful completion of complex assignments. Demonstrates advanced knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization. Demonstrates significant knowledge of organization's business practices and issues faced and contributes to problem resolution of those issues. Typically 8-10 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above. Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable.