Business Unit: Service Power Generation
Requisition Number: 246784
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Mount Pleasant
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 75%
Seasonal Technician Blader/Welder 4
We help our customers meet their long-term energy needs - and that provides long term career opportunities
Our Pittsburgh Service facility is in Mount Pleasant, Pennsylvania, and is home to Siemens Energy Service's Field Services. From this location (and with team members located across the Americas) we perform major repairs, upgrades, maintenance and inspection on the turbine generator fleets of Siemens, Westinghouse, Allis Chalmers and Parsons. Our Team can perform almost any major service offered by the factory and service can be performed at a customer site.
We have multiple seasonal positions open for Service Technicians to perform turbine blading and/or welding operations in order to meet the required manufacturing and engineering specifications on turbine generator equipment in a field service environment.
- Assume responsibility and coordinate all the related functions/processes for the other welding technicians.
- Be engaged in performing welding operations to meet the required manufacturing and engineering specifications for turbine generator field services equipment.
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum 2 years training leading to Diploma or Certificate from technical/trade school or apprentice program in welding or manufacturing. Diploma Major preferred in Welding Technology
- Minimum 4 years of experience is required as a Service Technician Blader/Welder or equivalent related field experience on power generation - turbines/generators.
- Minimum of 3 years welding experience
- You should have the ability to use all types of precision measuring tools
- Skilled in use of manual SMAW, GTAW, GMAW, FCAW welding processes
- Skilled in use of oxygen and acetylene cutting torch, carbon air arc and plasma cutter
- Capable of passing 6G position heavy wall weld test using both GTAW and SMAW process on both carbon and stainless steel
- You should possess mechanical skills for precision assembly of turbine blades and components including hand riveting
- You must be willing to commit to heavy travel (75% or more). All business expenses are paid.
- You should be able to lift at least 50 pounds
- You must be flexible to work a high percentage of overtime, including 12-hour shifts that include various arrangements
- You are required to pass a drug screen and extensive background investigation. You must also be able to obtain unescorted nuclear plant access.
- You must have a valid driver’s license.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States and will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Basic pc skills for our timekeeping and expense systems, as well as email usage.
- Knowledge of automated welding systems a plus
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.