Business Unit: Customer Services
Requisition Number: 246800
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Norwood
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 15%
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
*Shift 3rd, hours are 11pm-8am Mon-Sat*
TWO OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE
The Automation Field Service Technician is a site-based, customer-facing role that installs, services, maintains and modifies automation equipment at customer sites. This highly visible role is a critical component to our holistic approach in solving our customer’s most difficult problems. Specialized training will be provided in order to ensure quality in the work performed.
The Automation Field Service Technician in most cases will report to an onsite manager. The majority of Automation Field Service Technicians will report to the same facility each day. However, there will be times when work is required at other customer locations in support of the region.
The ideal candidate will have some automation tracking experience in a fast-paced and demanding work environment.
Key deliverables will include:
1.) Provide service, preventative maintenance, modifications and installations on Siemens Healthineers Diagnostics automation systems at customer site with minimal supervision.
2.) Troubleshoot system failures and provide on-site customer repairs; responsible for delivering both timely and effective repairs.
3.) Provide adequate training of operators to ensure optimal system performance, resulting in superior customer satisfaction.
4.) Manage company assets including, cell phone, computer, tools, inventory parts, etc.
5.) Establish and foster positive business relationships with customers and peers.
6.) Perform administrative duties including, but not limited to, recording of time worked, training, expense reports, etc.
7.) Provide ongoing feedback to customers and manager in regards to equipment repair status.
8.) Interfacing regularly with the technical support center in order to provide the highest level of customer care.
9.) Perform other service work as needed in support of the broader region and customer base.
- High school diploma required. Associates Degree in Electrical, Mechanical or similar engineering program preferred. Equivalent military training is preferred
- Generally, 5+ years of related experience.
- Previous experience servicing factory automation systems and/ or robotic systems and/or prior experience in diagnostics laboratories and relative instruments strongly preferred.
- Ability to work both individually and in an established team setting.
- Proved track record of strong customer service skills as well as excellent communication skills.
- Ability to interface with customers, peers, internal support center employees in a positive and professional manner.
- Must be able to utilize a computer and computer-based tools for reports, emails, and general communication.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally at times for training.
- Willingness and ability to work different shifts, on-call, nights and week-ends in case of need.
- Demonstrated experience in continuous improvement.
- Ability to travel and provide service as needed for assigned area as well as other areas as needed.