Business Unit: Service Power Generation
Requisition Number: 246806
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Orlando
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 70%
Field Service Engineer
Customers around the world trust our products. And field service engineers significantly contribute to that. You are the first on the scene to solve any technical problem. You are a competent advisor, team player, and make things possible. “Unsolvable” is a foreign term, and you don’t do “unfair.” Your focus on the customers’ needs makes you an invaluable partner. When you join our team, you will reach one hundred percent in your career.
In this hands-on role, you will be the on-site interface performing maintenance on customer equipment and resolve technical issues. You will also be accountable for safety, quality and customer satisfaction while working at a customer site.
1. Candidate must live within one hour of a major airport.
2. Must be able to gain access to nuclear power plants, to include successful completion of all training requirements and background investigation(s) and be able to maintain access via compliance with fitness for duty (FFD) requirements, including random drug screenings and continuous behavioral observation (CBO).
3. Direct teams of Craft Labor Supervisors, Siemens Technicians and craft labor personnel in the safe installation, repair, maintenance and troubleshooting of customer's equipment; including schedule requirements and efficient utilization of resources.
5. Interface with and provide field service engineering expertise to Project Manager, division and product-line management, as well as customer management.
6. Promote maximum customer satisfaction with Siemens’ capabilities and potential, and Siemens equipment reliability and availability.
7. Ensure the customer's technical concerns are adequately addressed.
8. Assist with outage-planning, including the review and analysis of technical recommendations to insure their compatibility with customer's technical and commercial requirements.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
We look for the following to be successful in this role:
- Turbine-generator disassembly/reassembly, inspection and repair
- Sound engineering judgment
- Project management skills
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications
- Problem solving
- Effective communication, both written and verbal
- Initiative and desire to learn
-5+ years of relevant experience
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
You move to the top of the pack with:
- Steam turbine-generator Field Service Engineer
- Project management processes and techniques
- Siemens Field Service operations, procedures and computer systems
- Ability to effectively interface with all levels of customer and Siemens organization
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.