Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 246825
Primary Location: United States-California-Cypress
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens Smart Infrastructure is searching for a Client Service Manager to support our Los Angeles Building Automation Service Team. The CSM acts as a project manager for reoccurring maintenance for customers—keeping their contracts on schedule and budget while looking for additional sales opportunities within the scope of our customers’ maintenance objectives.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have more than 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies that make the world a better place? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this opportunity? If so, then we’d like to meet you!
- Manages accounts for all assigned service customers providing outstanding customer service and retention. Serves as the main contact for all service product lines, including: service plans/contracts, system upgrades and enhancements, time and material service calls, non-installed parts, and installed service projects.
- Ensures customer expectations are met and resolves customer issues in a timely, effective, and professional manner.
- Provides assistance to service-sales people during job take-off, product application, estimating, and customer demonstrations; performs site surveys and audits as needed.
- Identifies additional service opportunities, upgrades, and revenue during contract renewals to meet customer needs and improve system efficiency.
- Develops account strategies and sells independently or in a team environment, depending on the account. Leads quality assurance activities and may assist with contract renewals on assigned accounts.
- Establishes a work plan and preventative maintenance schedule and project management tasking using the Service Management System (SMS) to fulfill assigned account commitments. Works with coordinators to plan manpower skills and availability, documentation, workload balance, and resolves schedule conflicts.
- Ensures project profitability through achieving plan gross margin levels, billing and collections, and effective cost containment procedures. Manages all internal accounting and revenue recognition systems and assists with revenue and staffing forecasting activities.
- Reviews all labor related project estimates prior to customer proposal and booking. May be required to assist in pricing decisions.
- Provides day to day direction to dotted-line field personnel to ensure that the service plan/contract is being executed as planned with the customer.
- May participate on special assignments and/or assist in developing and implementing customer training aimed at improving customer knowledge.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state recognized high school proficiency exam.
- Required travel: 5%
- Required experience: Demonstrable ability based on past experience or education (e.g. project management, schedule management, change orders, etc.) to successfully manage the type of technical accounts serviced by Siemens.
- Other requirements:
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and other service-related tools.
- Ability to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship.
- Must be at least 21 years old to participate in required Siemens vehicle plan.
- Must have a valid driver's license in good standing.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
Preferred education: Bachelor’s degree
- Preferred experience:
- Experience in building automation.
- Experience in Los Angeles market commercial real estate services.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions, and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance and Short- and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.