Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 246827
Primary Location: United States-Alabama-Pelham
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 20%
- Assists in performing technical support program (TSP) tasks to include visual and functional testing on fire detection systems and field devices in accordance with all national (NFPA) and local (AHJ) standards.
- Maintains complete and accurate documentation of tests performed.
- Assists in responding to service calls (emergency and on-site).
- Provides needed assistance with troubleshooting techniques and performs minor repairs as directed.
- Assists and observes installing new fire life safety systems and wiring techniques.
- Performs minor repairs as directed.
- Tests life safety systems and provides clear and timely documentation on the results
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have more than 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies that make the world a better place? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this opportunity? If so, then we’d like to meet you!
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Required education: High School Diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency exam.
- Required experience: Demonstrable ability to be successful in this role based on formal training in or experience with electro-mechanical systems.
- Required travel: 20%
- Other requirements:
- Must have working knowledge of fire alarm panels, devices, and auxiliary outputs.
- Must have strong working knowledge of life safety and local and national NFPA codes.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Must be able to work overtime, including weekends and holidays as well as alternative shifts or work nights when required.
- Must have excellent communications skills (written and verbal) in English, using tact and diplomacy when dealing with customers.
- Ability to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship.
- Must be at least 21 years old to participate in required Siemens vehicle plan.
- Must have a valid driver's license in good standing
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
- Basic knowledge of AC/DC circuitry, associated low voltage systems
- Experience in field service
- Joint Commission experience.
- NICET II certification in fire alarm systems
Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
All employees receive Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability coverage.
401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
Extensive product training and professional career development.
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.