Business Unit: Large Drives Applications
Requisition Number: 246886
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Norwood
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Can you help us shape the future?
We're looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our manufacturing team as a Coil Maker to help us provide quality products that make a difference. In this role you will be responsible for applying insulation materials and tapes, by hand, to electric motor coils. You will be working at our Norwood, OH facility on 2nd where you will join the local collective bargaining union. You will train on first shift until fully qualified in your new role.
What are your responsibilities?
- Apply tape and other insulation materials to electric motor coil per specified manufacturing methods
- Efficiently perform all operations necessary to ensure coils conform to all quality standards
- Check dimensions during manufacturing process with measuring equipment
- Visually check and reject or accept coils for material defects per specified quality standards
- Transport coils on carts from staging area to the next workstation
- Use and read measuring devices to check and reject or accept coils for dimensional acceptance
What will you need to qualify for this role?
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must have the physical ability to perform work required
- Must be able to read and understand all drawings and Bill of Materials related to coils
- Ability to read a tape measure
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.