Business Unit: Large Drives Applications
Requisition Number: 246887
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Norwood
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
We're looking for a dedicated Rotor Maker with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our manufacturing team as a Rotor Maker to help us provide quality products that make a difference. In this role you will be responsible for assembly of the laminated Rotor Core used in electric motors. You will be working at our Norwood, OH facility on either 2nd or 3rd shift where you will join the local collective bargaining union. You will train on first shift until fully qualified in your new role.
What are your responsibilities?
- Perform all necessary Rotor Core building operations per drawing, Manufacturing Methods and work center instructions.
- Insert the shaft into the core and weld.
- Insert copper bars into the rotor core.
- Prepare rotor assembly for grinding and balancing (benching). This includes slot, clean, drill and taps holes, assemble rings and fans.
- Efficiently perform all operations necessary to insure core conforms to visual and functional customer requirements to drawing and/or specifications.
- Move cores from staging area to the next workstation.
- Check all materials and verify all relative information on core, dispose of all trash and scrap in designated containers.
- Visually inspect and accept or reject cores for material defects, etc