Business Unit: Large Drives Applications
Requisition Number: 246894
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Norwood
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
We're looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our manufacturing team as a Induction Brazer to help us provide quality products that make a difference. In this role you will responsible for ensuring proper processes and operations while brazing large rotors for 3 phase electric motors. You will be working at our Norwood, OH facility on 3rd where you will join the local collective bargaining union. You will train on first shift until fully qualified in your new role.
What are your responsibilities?
- Operate Induction Braze machines.
- Set-up machine and tools to perform brazing operation for each rotor assembly.
- Adjust readout meters by electrical adjustments.
- Understand temperature-controlling function.
- Silver solder braze
- Place rotor assembly in brazing stands and use Silfos materials as trained.
- Visually check brazing during process to ensure proper quality
- Visually inspect and accept or reject parts for defects, cracks, and improper machine or assembly techniques.
What will you need to qualify for this role?
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must have the physical ability to perform work required
- Must be able to read and understand all drawings and Bill of Materials related to braze operation including shaft and finished rotor drawings
- Ability to read a tape measure, calipers, and micrometers
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
What other experience will assist you in this role?
- Experience working with large furnaces or induction equipment
- Experienced working with molten liquid
- Experience working with large presses
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment requiring machining and measuring of large products
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.