Business Unit: Corporate Country #US
Requisition Number: 246904
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Austin
Other Locations: United States-California-, United States-Illinois-
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 50%
Siemens Real Estate (SRE) is responsible for the professional management of Siemens’ real estate portfolio worldwide. This includes the acquisition, setup of new commercial/industrial real-estate, renovations, disposition of locations and servicing customers with a broad set of service offerings. In the United States, SRE manages 1.6 million square meters across ~250 Real Estate Units (REUs). To effectively manage this large real estate portfolio, the US has been divided into six (6) “Asset Management Areas” or “AMAs”. Each AMA has project managers to execute maintenance and tenant improvement projects to maintain and/or improve the real estate assets (buildings, properties, sites) under management.
We are looking for a Real Estate Project Manager to lead all aspects of semi complex construction and or maintenance projects, including defining schedules, managing budgets, mitigating risks, controlling scope and ultimately delivering on time within budget to the agreed upon specifications.
You will be an individual contributor and reports to the respective AMA Head.
- You will be responsible for leading maintenance and tenant improvement projects primarily within the AMA but may fall outside the AMA as assigned by the AMA Head
- You’ll provide real estate solutions meeting customer requirements and performs Client Management within the AMA as needed for maintenance projects and improvements
- You will manage projects from beginning to completion (initiating, planning, executing, controlling and closing), utilizing SRE-defined project management practices and tools and engaging with the SRE functional leads as appropriate
- Develops project plan and manages through completion, including detailed budget, timing and scope; conducts budget reviews and cost analyses as needed
- Performs regular project reporting to AMA Head and stakeholders and is ultimately responsible for the success of a project
- Manages handover of the projects to customers and ensures finalization of projects is within timeline, budget and quality targets
- Responsible for Customer Satisfaction results of completed projects
- May conduct vendor negotiation and selection, in conjunction with procurement, and performs overall contract management (establishes contracts with vendors and defines work flows, jobs, and reporting relationships)
- Hires and manages design professionals, such as architects, mechanical engineers, electrical engineers, and civil engineers as needed
- Supports the development of maintenance and CapEx strategy for the AMA
- Aligns processes for executing projects with appropriate SRE country functional experts; appropriately engages with SRE subject matter experts on complex projects
- Coordinates work with internal SRE partners to ensure proper execution of projects
- Ensures adherence to SRE maintenance principles, guidelines, processes and tools (e.g. Planon Project Maintenance module, PM@SRE, SRE Process House)
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS in engineering, architecture and or business with a Real Estate concentration or equivalent project management experience
- 8+ years project management experience with focus on Real Estate projects
- Proficiency with MS Office suite, including MS Project, reading blueprints, preparing Gantt charts, assessing risk and opportunities
- Excellent communication skills, social competency and strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage and direct several projects simultaneously of varying degrees of complexity
- Demonstrated ability to effectively engage with colleagues to build and foster relationships.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Additional language skills (German, Spanish, Portuguese)
Siemens AG (Berlin and Munich) is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 170 years. The company is active around the globe, focusing on the areas of power generation and distribution, intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems, and automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Through the separately managed company Siemens Mobility, a leading supplier of smart mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is shaping the world market for passenger and freight services. Due to its majority stakes in the publicly listed companies Siemens Healthineers AG and Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, Siemens is also a world-leading supplier of medical technology and digital healthcare services as well as environmentally friendly solutions for onshore and offshore wind power generation. In fiscal 2018, which ended on September 30, 2018, Siemens generated revenue of €83.0 billion and net income of €6.1 billion. At the end of September 2018, the company had around 379,000 employees worldwide. Further information is available on the Internet at www.siemens.com.