Business Unit: Service Power Generation
Requisition Number: 246917
Primary Location: United States-California-San Ramon
Other Locations: United States-California-San Diego, United States-California-Los Angeles, United States-California-Sacramento
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
Siemens Energy Inc.'s Power System Sales (PSS) Organization is currently searching for a Director of Sales to lead the regional sales activities with the EM (Energy Management) sales resources in the PSS West Region. This position will report directly to the PSS Region Vice President of the West.
- This management role within the PSS Core Team will be responsible for leading the sales of products, services and projects for the Energy Management Division represented by SPSS to power customers within the West Region.
- The successful candidate will be expected to accomplish the goals and target objectives by leading a team of PSS Core EM account managers located in the various offices of the western region.
- This candidate will be responsible for delivering on the Order Entry (OE) and target commitments for all Business Units (BUs) served within the Energy Management division.
- After April 11, 2019, the responsible business units served under each operating company are GP TP, GP TS, SI DS and SI DG including Future Grid (eMobility)
- Position will also require working closely with and supporting the PSS Solution organization to leverage & win complex large projects and cross divisional opportunities in the customer base.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or business-related field
- 7+ years of direct sales or business development experience representing the Energy Management Division Portfolio to an external customer base
- Prior experience managing a team of sales account managers or business development managers conducting sales to an external customer
- Possess a strong understanding of various products and services offered in the Siemens Energy Management portfolio (Transmission & Distribution products)
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Ability to provide leadership working with the various business units and responsible sales teams to develop sales account plans employing strategy and direction to close sales
- Develop region forecasts utilizing CRM tools ensuring data integrity and accurateness of top down or bottoms up information.
- Ability to identify talent skill sets within the region sales personnel and utilize strengths to move toward required business outcomes
- Ability to coach and mentor sales professionals during on-the-job training utilizing experience and knowledge to develop personnel
- Strong ability to drive region personal development utilizing coaching and mentoring techniques
- Flexibility of schedule and ability to travel at least 25% of the time
Remove if VISA sponsorship is available
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Preferred candidates will have a meaningful/working relationship with business segment heads representing the various business units within the EM portfolio business units