Business Unit: Postal, Parcel & Airport Logistics
Requisition Number: 246932
Primary Location: United States-California-San Francisco
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens Postal, Parcel & Airport Logistics is seeking a Baggage Handling Systems Parts Technician in support of the team located at the San Francisco Airport, International terminal location. This position requires experience and knowledge in the responsibilities as outlined.
Physical requirements include, but are not limited to:
Lifting (50 to 100 pounds), bending, reaching, climbing, walking, crawling, standing, sitting, climbing stairs, speaking, sight, and/or hearing to complete the job duties.
• Excellent Customer Relations skills required
• Technically competent and comfortable with computers and able to work calmly during stressful times while maintaining a pleasant and efficient demeanor.
• Strong understanding of baggage or material handling systems and associated parts and equipment
• Networking / Hardware / Software skills preferred but not mandatory
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office software including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with maintenance and operational support personnel
• Ability to work under pressure while maintaining a professional presence
• Ability to pass all background checks and security screenings per airport requirements.
• Experience: Two + years of experience working in a warehouse environment managing inventory levels and parts usage
• Typically, an Associate’s degree or 1-2 years of vocational technical training preferred. HS or equivalent required.