Business Unit: Onshore
Requisition Number: 246999
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Orlando
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
1. Undertake all technical site suitability studies associated with proposed onshore wind farms utilizing Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy (SGRE) Wind Turbines . Perform detailed analysis on the site-specific wind climate and terrain to ensure the long-term integrity of the wind turbines at proposed wind farm sites.
2.Conduct detailed wind flow and turbulence modeling of potential wind farm sites using both commercially available linear flow models and more advanced computational fluid dynamics models customized for SGRE wind turbines. Integrate model results into SGRE proprietary algorithms to identify any potential mechanical loads issues that may affect turbine power performance and long-term operations.
3. Perform site visits to complex sites to verify terrain inputs to models including mapping areas of forestry, forestry density, tree heights, terrain inclinations, surface roughness lengths, wetland areas, etc.
4. Identify all potential environmental technical issues related to a proposed wind farm site including areas of high turbulence intensity, excessive wind shear, extreme temperature exposures, corrosive and contaminant potential, icing and hail threat, etc.
5. Prepare a detailed wind turbine site suitability study .
6. Support SGRE New Unit Sales effort in addressing technical issues in connection with the project screening, proposal preparation and contract signature.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Aerospace, Mechanical, Electrical or related field) OR Bachelor's degree in Meteorology, Atmospheric Science, Oceanography or related field. .
Detailed knowledge of boundary layer meteorology, fluid dynamics, demonstrated experience with computational fluid dynamics models
Experience with Wasp, WindSim CFD, WindPro and other wind industry software
Experience in programming using Excel VBA or R language for in-house tool development
Strong analytical skills, fast learner and ambitious on technical challenges
Demonstrates initiative, results-oriented and able to work independently in a fast-paced and multi-cultural environment.
Typically 5-8 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.