Business Unit: Large Drives Applications
Requisition Number: 247007
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-New Kensington
Other Locations: United States-Ohio-Norwood, United States-Georgia-Alpharetta
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Software Team Lead for IoT – Large Drives Applications
For years, Siemens Large Drives have provided efficient speed and torque for some of the largest and most sophisticated applications in heavy industry. Our market-leading high-power drives and motors provide power, energy savings and enhanced process control to users around the world. The portfolio’s impacts on industrial productivity and reduced industrial emissions have been enormous, yielding overwhelmingly positive impacts on society.
Through Digitalization, we plan to transform our business. With strong top-down support to implement Digitalization as a key growth lever, our team is poised to deliver strong value to our customers via new Digitalization offers such as IoT analytics and diagnostics services on MindSphere, mobile applications, and edge solutions. Our new Pittsburgh MindSphere Application Center will drive and execute that vision in the business.
We are seeking for a motivated candidate who has a passion for technology to join our newly established team. You will develop and improve digital services for Siemens Large Drives, with strong focus on development of our IoT cloud SaaS offers, and including custom software development for/with key customers. In addition, our multi-platform strategy will necessitate the development and refinement of on-premise and edge applications as well as mobile applications.
The candidate will enjoy a diverse set of experiences and the ability to work with a broad array of technologies, all while making large and recognizable contributions to the business as a whole. In addition, with a location just outside of Pittsburgh (a fast-emerging technology hub in the US), the candidate will be able to expand their professional network with the many other software development professionals in the greater Pittsburgh area.
- You will use your development and leadership skills and be responsible for overseeing the design and build of multi-platform digital services that will collect/use data from physical drive and motor assets/systems and enable analytics, diagnostics, optimization, and predictive services
- You will be a central, integral part of our overall Digitalization efforts and directly influence our customers’ experiences we care so much about
- IoT offer development, including initial fast, agile creation of proof of concept applications; interface with global development teams and optimize the development of digital solutions
- Implementation of Agile methods and using tools such as Jira; management of software development sprints for a release, and ensuring that all of the tasks related to the release are captured, assigned, and completed
- Implementation of commercial software development processes and standards; manage implementation, code review, QA and deployment to production
- Drive the creation and execution of quarterly roadmaps for product enhancements and technical improvements
- Consulting and develop with potential customers for creating user stories based on the customer needs; Assessment of customer value potential of new solutions by means of functional prototypes or pilot solutions. Build-up sustainable relationship with key business professionals & customers
- Conduct technical presentations and demonstrations
- Support marketing activities such as trade shows and conferences
- Make recommendations to improve business operations and customer experiences
- Identify and deliver solutions and strategies to push technology boundaries; expanding our adoption of machine learning, AI, and other technologies in the business
- Actively mentor and coach team members, including building the necessary bench strength to continue the team’s growth
Individuals who meet the following requirements or possess the equivalent combination of competence and experience are invited to apply
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or other technology-related field
- 7+ years of experience software development leadership / project management
- Proficiency in enterprise technologies, e.g. REST, JSON, MySQL, etc.
- Certifications or experience with Siemens MindSphere, PTC ThingWorx, GE Predix, AWS, Azure, etc.
- Familiarity with IoT devices, edge processing, cloud foundry development, etc. Understanding of emerging IoT technologies.
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, version control, build processes, and testing
- Agile development expertise, including scrum, software (e.g. Jira), etc. Proven track record in managing software products and cloud IoT software/SaaS
- Strong leadership capabilities, including change management and influence without authority
- Ability and willingness learn new technologies quickly
- Familiarity with factory automation tools, e.g. PLC, HMI, DCS systems
- Familiarity with ERP, MES systems
- Experience in Machine Learning practices
- Understanding of production processes, factory management and digital manufacturing
- Experience with mobile app development