Business Unit: Software
Requisition Number: 247033
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Milford
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
As an Application Support Engineer, you are responsible for assisting customers in the use of Siemens PLM Software; interfacing with support and development management to escalate key customer issues; developing technical articles (technical writing) for publications/newsletters, and customer self-help tools; assist in testing and verification of software fixes during the development cycle. Incident Reports will occasionally require additional input from technical leads, development, and management. Area of customer focus would consist of a broad range of products, including niche areas. This person could serve as mentor or focal point for product information. Scope of influence could include Marketing, Development, Onsite Customers, User Groups, and possibly Business Partners.
- Answer 800 number calls from customers and provide solutions to their problems.
- Under minimum direction, analyze customer’s problem and provide a solution or a workaround in a timely manner that meets the customer’s needs.
- Duplicate customer problems, provide explicit problem examples to development, and write detailed problem and enhancement reports.
- Provide technical assistance to team members on difficult customer problems.
- Identify critical issues and take responsibility for successful resolution of issue while coaching.
- Actively participate and seek out GTAC department opportunities in including: product testing, Incident Report, Problem Report, and Enhancement Request maintenance, GTAC Quarterly and Symptom/Solution article creation, and staff meeting discussions.
- Recommend improvements to GTAC objectives.
- Create Solution Center articles, and a technical training session every other year.
- Train a minimum of 80 hours per year.
- Expand scope of product knowledge to include additional functional areas, applications, focal points, or modules, while maintaining area of expertise.
- Contribute positively to GTAC Objectives.
- Provide accurate exchanges of information that shows knowledge of GTAC processes.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
· - Depending on types of applications supported, qualified candidates must have a degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Design, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent schooling and/or experience.
· - 2+ years of general CAD, CAM, CAE,or PDM experience and working knowledge of Microsoft Office products is preferred.
· - Strong background in Teamcenter Administration and Usage is preferred.
· - Requires proficient analytical, writing, and communication skills, thorough knowledge of computer systems, i.e. application installation, use of email, and O/S experience.
· - Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· - Experience in customer support and call tracking system.
· - Ability to comprehend complex software concepts, an understanding of Visual Basic, Java, C programming, database concepts, networking concepts, Microsoft Windows operating systems and Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle is a plus.