Business Unit: Strategic Corporate Accounts
Requisition Number: 247044
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Malvern
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 70%
This position is responsible to develop and grow the overall Veterans Affairs Business within the Federal Accounts Organization for IM, CP and DX. This role specifically requires a talented individual with the drive to make a significant contribution to the growth of Siemens Federal Government business by covering the Management Levels of the VA 5 regions, the VISNs and the VHA within the Department of VA. This includes also the National Acquisition Center. The VA Business Manager will work with the VA to understand and influence their medical imaging and laboratory requisition plans and decisions, as well as will work with the VHA/NAC to have an early insight in the changing VA requisition practices to trigger changing our business approach accordingly.
In addition, s/he will work closely the Federal Government Sales Managers in the zones to provide them insight to the VA requisition plans and to ensure that their current deals are appropriately positioned at the higher Services decision makers.
The position reports to the VP of Federal Accounts
- Provide coverage of the management/decision level of 5 VA Regions, VISNs and NAC.
- Provide coverage of the different entities in the VHA (Veterans Health Agencies) working on requisition approaches and policies.
- Strategize and help formulate, to the extent possible, with the above mentioned entities on their medical imaging, laboratory, service, and digital needs. Identify upcoming medical imaging and laboratory requisition needs early.
- Ensure regular product updates to the above mentioned entities to ensure a full understanding of the advantages of our product portfolio and their competitive advantages.
- Create product and sales packages for the above mentioned entities to maximize meeting their needs and our win rate and market share growth.
- Collection and analysis of competitive product offering and sales strategy in the VA market and comparing them to the Siemens offering and strategy
- Ensure that Siemens becomes or remains Vendor of Choice as a deal is moved through the decision processes and sign-offs at the different VA entities.
- Educate Federal Sales Managers on the changing VA requisition landscape and policies and direct them on how to change their sales approach and sales support.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
The successful application should possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- In depth VA Healthcare knowledge and experience in the area of medical imaging and/or laboratory requisition.
- Recent VA employee w/ existing relationships and VA knowledge
- 5+ years Healthcare knowledge
- Strategy and Execution experience as it relates to medical imaging or laboratory Requisitions.
- Consultative Style
- Excellent Networking Skills
- Travel approximately 80% of the time