Business Unit: Software
Requisition Number: 247046
Primary Location: United States--
Other Locations: United States-Washington-Seattle, United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 50%
Digital Factory (DF) Siemens Digital Factory offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly-integrated hardware software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide. Siemens PLM Software, a Plano, Texas-based business unit of the Digital Factory Division, is a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) and manufacturing operations management (MOM) software, systems and services with over nine million licensed seats and more than 77,000 customers worldwide.
For more information, please visit:
Act as part of a Professional Services team, work productively with Consultants, Architects, Project Managers, and other internal & external interfaces to ensure that the customer succeeds in their objectives.
- As a Mendix Solution Architect, responsible for the translation of business requirements into specific process-aligned Mendix applications for the Siemens DI Software suite and associated applications; based on multi product/multi industry domain knowledge and best practices in the subject area, applied to complex Enterprise projects, in order for the Siemens DISoftware solution to deliver market leading solutions and provide value to the customer.
- Lead app development and delivery with Agile implementation methodology.
- Act as solution consultant to strategic Sales/PreSales pursuits and Services projects, providing guidance through the complexity of solution architecture options and the long term roadmap for the solution.
- Act as the ultimate authority on architectural design to address business problems.
- Provides direction for process design, process integration and process change activities either internally or at customer sites.
- Consults on strategic and/or complex Enterprise projects at country level, of diverse scope that require specialist expertise and high levels of technical leadership.
- Where required, act as Lead Solution Architect or account champion for specific Global projects.
- Design and deliver the solution ensuring that the technical integrity of the solution remains aligned to requirements and value delivery throughout project and that the various project solutions will work together to deliver value.
- Works under self management within project and/ or task constraints and will determine solutions, methods and procedures on assignments/projects.
- Leverage relevant templates in the leadership of project solutions in own specialist area worldwide, and curate best practices and templates, providing mentoring in the creation and adoption of templates and solutions within the Siemens DI SW Delivery Framework.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS degree in Mechanical and/or Manufacturing Engineering, Computer Science, Technology or equivalent industry software experience
- At least 3 years of experience in solution architecture and development projects
- Multiple years working in a customer facing environment.
- Good understanding of enterprise application data models and good application customization skills
- Experience in web technologies such as HTML, CSS, Java, XML, SOAP, JSON, SQL, Web Services
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills with an ability to help customers find the right solution
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 50%.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Good knowledge of Cloud platforms such as AWS/Azure and knowledge of PaaS/SaaS applications
- Experience in the development and deployment of industry enterprise applications such as PLM (ex: Teamcenter) or MOM (ex: CAMSTAR, Simatic IT) applications
- Experience with Agile methodologies, specifically Scrum
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.