Business Unit: Customer Services
Requisition Number: 247053
Primary Location: United States-California-McClellan
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
In this exciting role, you will design, develop, and maintain documentation systems for Engineering procedures, in particular modifications and upgrades, either in support of customer enquiries or in the promotion of Siemens products and solutions, to ensure regulatory compliance and maintain change approvals. Responsible for a variety of professional engineering tasks. You will capture engineering project requirements, including modifications and upgrades, as a result of either specific enquiries or pro-active product improvement opportunities. This position will report to the service engineering manager for the customer service product management lifecycle group within the mobility division.
• In response to defined customer needs or promotion of product developments, formalize engineering requirements through production of Technical Concepts, supporting specifications, bills of materials and validation plans where necessary.
• Manage LCC savings opportunities through developing alternative engineering solutions, alternative suppliers and product improvements as identified throughout the business.
• Responsible for the realization of the system with the required functionality, prepares the design documentation. Produce requirements specifications for systems, sub-systems and components installed in rail vehicles.
• Provide engineering expertise during the Incident repair process ensuring value for money, maintaining vehicle integrity and customer satisfaction. Development of generic repair instructions, processes and work instructions as required.
• Monitor industry practices to identify applicable processes, products and materials that can deliver improvements in engineering solutions for maintenance, incident repairs and development activities.
• Support in the technical bid of maintenance and overhaul projects
• Provide system level Maintenance Concepts, Depot Requirements, Special Tools Specifications, recommended Capital Spares, and service requirements to the delivery project.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• 4+ years experience in professional engineering
• BS in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certification may be required in some areas.
• 10% travel
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree
• 5+ years rail / industrial experience
• PE Certification, Six Sigma Certification
• Experience with rail s communication and passenger information systems