Business Unit: Rolling Stock
Requisition Number: 247097
Primary Location: United States-California-Sacramento
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
The Electro-Mechanical Assembly Manager will lead a department of 40-60 employees in assembly of electrical and mechanical sub assemblies for locomotives, passenger coaches and light rail vehicles. Ensure requirements are met for safety, cost, quality, and schedule.
· Ensure a safe and healthy work environment. Ensure all Team Members are trained in, and observe, safe work practices
· Monitor and adjust manpower plans to meet production demands
· Drive action to meet production schedule
· Meet project labor hour budgets
· Develop and implement measures to ensure product quality
· Plan production operations, define work flow, establish priorities, work sequences, and define production processes to meet changing multi project requirements.
· Ensure development and documentation of best practice work standards and ensure all team members are properly trained for their assigned tasks.
· Drive lean manufacturing and initiatives to eliminate waste through 5S and other measures to improve production efficiency and equipment performance.
· Manage individual employee performance issues, including but not limited to bi-annual performance reviews, promotions, transfers, leave of absence, and disciplinary actions.
· Ensure positive communication with entire team on a regular basis to keep them informed of work status, department performance, process changes, and company policies.
· Maintain appropriate KPI’s and targets that provide a clear indication of department performance, performance trends, and potential problem areas.
· Work collaboratively with other department managers to ensure coordinated support of all production needs and provide high service level to internal and external customer.
· Complete other duties and responsibilities as required.
Required/Knowledge Skills and Experience
· BS/BA in related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Experience in electro-mechanical assembly operations for OEM equipment in a schedule driven, multi project environment.
· Experience in industrial OEM assembly including interfaces with Engineering and Supply chain.
· Demonstrates and applies advanced knowledge, creativity and initiative
· Demonstrate deep knowledge about procedures for area managed and basic knowledge of other areas in the company and how they interact.
· Demonstrates understanding and application of management approaches for work direction, motivation, performance management, and disciplinary action.
· At least 2 years leadership experience
· Experience with MRP and basic office application software
· Ability to lead, motivate and discipline direct labor workforce
· Develop productive relationships with peers and internal customers be a team builder
· Able to take decisions and work under minimum supervision
· Strong analytical, communication and leadership skills
· Troubleshoot and resolve complex problems
· Knowledge of effective work processes associated with assembly of mechanical assemblies, electrical harness, wire routing, and wire termination
· Knowledge in reading electrical wiring schematics and mechanical drawings