Business Unit: Mobility Management
Requisition Number: 247143
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Munhall
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
Siemens Rail Automation is adding to their team and seeking to hire its next Quality Manager. The mission for this role is to operatively establish, maintain and optimize a Quality Management System (QMS), including required certifications, according to the business requirements and Mobility directives. Consult the management regarding current and future quality/regulatory requirements and risks. Drive together with Manufacturing management continuous improvement to reach world-class quality within Operations and direct professionally all quality employees that support production.
In this role, you will be responsible for the overall functional success within the Rail Automation Operations Quality organization. You will demonstrate and apply advanced knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures for the area managed and expert knowledge of other areas in the company and how they interact. You should have an advanced understanding and application of management approaches for work direction, motivation, and performance management.
Ideally, you will have a systematic use of know-how to solve complex problems and demonstrate high professional judgement competence. You will be an idea generator for new and practical solutions, possibly changing existing approaches and having an impact on results in larger, matrixed organization. You should be well established in external and internal networks within specialist field and proactively sharing knowledge in a systematic way in larger organization to grow know-how base and supports a learning organization.
• Develops, controls and ensures the implementation and improvement of an Integrated Management System (including process management) for the respective organization and defines the overall quality strategy according to market and business needs.
• Plans, implements and follows up the audit program (including certification audits where applicable) and assessments.
• Initiates and promotes strategic, global quality programs, and monitors the effectiveness of these programs. Drives continuous improvement with his management and lessons learned across assigned organizations.
• Leads the specialist competence department for product safety. Ensures that all requirements are met, coordinates product safety measures and monitoring. Organizes the product safety reporting.
• Contributes to analyze customer quality requirements and satisfaction (e.g. NPS) appropriately to meet customer expectations.
• Communicate quality specific externally with customers and municipal authorities.
• Ensures that internal and external regulations are identified in cooperation with country organization and processes are developed to meet these requirements.
• Develops, controls and ensures the implementation of a professional non-conformance (NC) management.
• Ensures and controls implementation of quality methods and risk management in processes, projects and products.
• Develops, controls and ensures the implementation and improvement of relevant quality reporting including Management Review.
• Plans budget for strategic, global quality programs and the related financial and personnel resources and aligns this with the organizational unit's budget plan.
• Ensures with HR the implementation of a competence management and training system for quality-related competences.
• Develops and implements the communication strategy/plan to ensure understanding and awareness of specific quality topics
BS/BA in related discipline or advanced degree, where required. Certification may be required in some areas. Typically, 5-8 years of successful experience in a directly related field and successful demonstration of Principal Duties and Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
-A competitive base salary
-Excellent health/vision/dental plans, 401k match, tuition reimbursement, & 18 days of PTO to start
-Extensive training along with career development
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.