Business Unit: Mobility Management
Requisition Number: 247151
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-East Pittsburgh
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
SYSTEM ENGINEER- Leads the application and development processes to analyze, design, troubleshoot, implement and enhance hardware systems for the rail industry specifically with carborne products such as ATC, ATO and ACSES.
The position requires the use of analytical theories and methodologies to investigate, analyze, design, document, enhance, implement and maintain these systems. The ability to perform maintenance, enhancement, testing and support of existing hardware is required. The ability to complete design, development, testing, and modification of new hardware systems is required. The position requires the completion of technical writings and independently performing a full range of standard work related to the professional field. This position requires the application of problem-solving skills in order to deal with situations that arise.
• Provide technical support to review specifications and other documentation to determine system hardware engineering requirements during bids and proposals.
• Design and engineer technical solutions down to the detail necessary to satisfy the specific requirements of the contract, implementing hardware solutions while adhering to manufacturing capabilities and maintain schedule, cost and quality.
• Complete estimates for task durations.
• Provide high level design directions to a project engineering team.
• Communicate with all engineering disciplines to efficiently direct the project team.
• Create project technical documentation, system level drawings and functional descriptions to satisfy the project requirements.
• Provide a technical interface to the customer which results in cost effective, safe and reliable project solutions.
• Negotiate technical solutions that meet the customer specification while minimizing the cost impact on the company.
• Identify when to use or adapt existing components where possible to meet new system design requirements.
• Effectively interface internally with manufacturing, procurement and logistics.
• Evaluate the cost effectiveness of using existing, higher unit cost, designs for low quantity orders as opposed to creating new, lower unit cost, designs for high quantity orders in order to meet design to cost initiatives.
• Perform the quality process by the rigorous and detailed execution of module, sub-system and system test procedures
• Identify and lead troubleshooting efforts regarding internal design failures as well as system integration issues during field testing.
• Provide functional advice and guidance to colleagues and customers
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• BSEE or BSEET
• 8-10 Years of Related Experience
• Design and application of carborne products including ATC, ATO and ACSES.
• Strong leadership skills.
• The ability to work independently and in a leadership role in a group setting.
• Strong Communications skills.
• Strong troubleshooting skills and proven ability to identify and implement solutions.
• Strong negotiation skills.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Familiarity with CFR Title 49 part 236.
• Knowledge of environmental testing requirements specific to the rail industry.