Business Unit: Sales
Requisition Number: 247154
Primary Location: United States-Maryland-Beltsville
Other Locations: United States-Virginia-Fairfax
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/energy-management.htm
Are you a top performer looking for the next move in your career? Siemens is looking for a "game changing" seasoned Senior Sales Engineer who can excel in an entrepreneurial environment and drive sales in targeted accounts in one of the largest markets in the area. Does this sound like you? Keep reading...
Siemens Low Voltage and Products is looking for a Senior Sales Engineer for the Washington, DC, Northern VA and Maryland areas based out of the Beltsville, MD or Fairfax, VA office. The person chosen for the key role will manage, penetrate, and grow the large contractor and distributor business in Washington, DC, Northern VA and MD, and will carry a multi-million-dollar quota. This person will be responsible for driving very large projects through Electrical and General Contractors. He/She will be responsible for developing and growing significant relationships throughout various organizations. This person will be responsible for driving complex sales to the major contractors in the area. This person will report to Area Sales Manager and will have no direct reports.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our employees to act as owners, make decisions and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we'd like to meet you!
- Organizes and quotes low voltage and medium voltage projects.
- Develops and implements plans for strategic in revenue retention/growth, account profitability, and customer satisfaction/loyalty.
- Pursues long-term account strategy that maximizes profits. May identify, develop and manage channel partners to achieve channel goals.
- Assists in cultivating long-term relationships with the appropriate key account decision makers. - Develops a complete understanding of the organizations structure and key buying influences of assigned account.
- Performs client presentations articulating the value proposition of product / solution / service offerings.
- Provides management with suggestions for improving volume, market share and price levels. May develop forecasts, budgets and operating plans.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is strongly desired, although a combination of education (HS Diploma or GED equivalency is a minimum requirement) and directly related work experience will also be considered.
- 8+ years of sales experience in Power Distribution.
- Knowledge of LV/MV power distribution product line.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills and capability to promote new ideas and products.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Analytical thinking combined with conceptual and organizational abilities.
- Team oriented personality who has the ability to work well by themselves or on a team in an international environment.
- Proactive at executing daily tasks and achieving long-term goals.
- Passionate commitment to the company vision.
- Travel required 10%
Product support to include but not limited to; Medium Voltage gear, Low Voltage Switchgear, Switchboards, Busway, Panelboards, Lighting Panels, Motor Control Centers, Residential Products, Safety Switches, IEC/NEMA Control, Molded Case Circuit Breakers.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Individuals must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing.
Individuals must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.