Business Unit: Point of Care
Requisition Number: 247159
Primary Location: United States-Indiana-Mishawaka
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 75%
The Engineering Project Manager position will be based at the Siemens Healthineers Mishawaka, IN location, managing a high-functioning project team consisting of process engineers and support group members.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and manage cross-functional teams representing all Product Development life-cycle phases including project planning, scheduling, tracking, coordinating and monitoring activities
- Create and manage project scope, schedule and budget
- Assure that all product and project deliverables (quality, performance, cost, schedule and revenue) are met
- Identify needed decisions and drive the decision-making process
- Schedule and lead meetings to coordinate the inter-departmental project activities; including those necessary to resolve project issues
- Commitment to meeting the expectations of internal and external customers
- Manage project communications to all stakeholders (project teams, functional managers, internal and external customers, and senior management), including meeting minutes, monthly updates, communications meetings, and phase reviews
- Identify and implement process improvements
- Facilitate the exchange of information between departments on a day-to-day basis and maintains liaison with all members of the project team between project team meetings
- Responsible for continuous improvement of the product development process to streamline time to market
- Ensure purchase orders are completed and submitted on time to meet project deadlines.
- Assessment new roles needed for projects (job descriptions)
- Training plans
- Apply Lean Manufacturing Processes to identify, mitigate, or present options for resolution to issues that impact quality, delivery, or budget
- Manager of a team with phenomenal leadership and management skills (1:1's, reviews, hiring, coaching, etc.)
Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in Project Management Software, preferably Microsoft Project
- Utilizing critical thinking skills in order to analyze data
- Orchestrates process improvements using Lean Manufacturing processes
- Manage teams working in different locations.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering is required with at least 8 years of experience in related field
- Experience working in the areas of medical device regulations and laboratory, emphasis in biochemistry is ideal
- Technical protocols/reports (IQ, OQ, PQ).
- Previous experience managing production schedules, engineering specifications, and process flows in the manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated ability to independently function in a changing, high-impact position, with deadline and resource constraints.
- Ability to travel up to 75% - international and domestic