Business Unit: United States
Requisition Number: 247162
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Austin
Other Locations: United States-Florida-Miami
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 50%
Mobility in the United States is in forefront of a technological revolution. Siemens Mobility Inc., Intelligent Traffic Systems (ITS) is an innovative partner to agencies in their transformation by combining existing infrastructure with forward-looking, application-driven technology that meets tomorrow’s needs.
We at ITS help make public agencies smarter by providing a path to a tailor-made transportation ecosystem that is more digital, connected, and integrated and deliver solutions in the areas of Central and Adaptive Control, Advanced Traffic Management System (ATMS), and Smart Lighting. Also providing Connected Vehicle solutions (V2I) and Mobility-as-a-Service – we are at the forefront of Smart Mobility solutions. In this exciting environment an opportunity is available for a Traffic Systems Engineer to join our growing team in either Austin, Texas or Miami, Florida.
The role requires applying professional engineering best practices in ITS industry, leadership and communication skills, as well as a strong background in traffic and transportation engineering. In this challenging role, you will part of an Engineering team during project implementation and meet customer satisfaction and business goals.
You will also work with R&D, Sales, Product Management and Marketing teams to analyze customer requirements, develop system design documents, technical narrative, develop complete RFP/RFQ responses and outline the benefits of Siemens ITS product portfolio specific to customer requirements.
The Traffic Systems Engineer will report to the VP of Bids, Programs and Engineering.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Transportation, Software or Electrical Engineering. M.S. degree preferred
- Passion for ITS and the exciting future it presents
- 4-7 years of experience in working for Engineering Consultants or Government agencies
- EIT certification. P.E. license a huge plus
- 50% travel within the U.S.
- Basic understanding of traffic signal control systems, ATMS, adaptive systems, and CV technology and applications.
- Outstanding communication, collaborative and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently to create well-defined goals, objectives, and requirements
- Interest in and ability to solve complex problems
- Provide ITS and Traffic Engineering consulting services
- Active deployment of ITS solutions including controller and central software, detection systems, adaptive control solutions, ATMS and connected vehicle applications
- Troubleshooting of ITS devices such as traffic signal controllers, detection devices including loops, microware, radar and video and communication equipment
- Configure Road-Side and On-Board units for CV deployment projects
- Support ATMS and Central software deployment and integration tasks
- Understanding and managing regulating authorities, code requirements, and other industry-specific factors
- Generate project specific technical system design, system architecture, scope definition, and concept of operations to meet/exceed customer requirements together with R&D, Product Management, and other Engineering teams
Siemens recognizes that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We therefore strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool.