Business Unit: Large Drives Applications
Requisition Number: 247163
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Norwood
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Can you help us shape the future?
We're looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our team as a Layout & Drill Operator to help us provide quality products that make a difference. In this role you will be responsible for ensuring proper processes and operations are completed when performing layout and drilling operations on both cast and fabricated steel parts. In this position you will become a member of the collective bargaining Union upon hire. You will be hired to work on 2nd shift and trained on first shift until fully qualified in your new role at our Norwood, OH facility.
What are your responsibilities?
- Interpret blueprints in both standard and metric
- Layout component to be drilled and or tapped using protractors, compass’, calipers, depth gages and other machining/layout tools
Set up machine efficiently to drill, ream, tap, etc parts to blueprint specifications using jig, fixture, layout, or template as provided
Ability to adjust feed rates and speed for both drilling and cutting
Ability to work within precise dimensions and close tolerances
Ability to use mathematical calculations required to layout, etc.
- Visually inspect and accept or reject parts for defects
What do you need to qualify for this role?
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must have the physical ability to perform work required
- Must be able to read and understand all drawings and blue prints in both standard and metric
- Ability to use precise machinist measuring tools
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
What additional experience can assist you in this role?
- Experience using a radial arm drill
- Experience working within machine shop and performing manual layout operations
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment requiring machining and measuring of large products
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.