Business Unit: Service
Requisition Number: 247176
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Fairless Hills
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 25%
Location: Wilkes-Barre, PA
The position is in Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy Service division. The Lead Wind Service Technician will play a key role in ensuring quality, safety and customer service on site for the Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy Service organization. The successful candidate will have a strong desire to continually monitor and improve personal human performance, contribute to excellent service to our customers; they must possess a strong understanding of human behavior, ability to analyze and react to people in stressful situations, and participate in the development of new/improved field procedures and best practices.
• Demonstrates strong Initiative and motivation to learn new technology and translate learning into personal success
• Motivation and ability to work flexible work schedule
• Utilization of programs and processes to perform daily operations of a site
• Organize, implement and execute company and customer site performance metrics
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to organize and plan daily/weekly work with a high level of quality orientation
• Ability to analyze and resolve problems independently with a high level of results orientation.
• Ability to learn basic electrical and/or mechanical skills
• Willing and able to learn new skills
• Able to work suspended from heights and work in confined spaces.
• Flexibility to travel from site to site, Travel is expected to be up to 25% (National and International)
• Able to work within a project team
• Basic computer skills, data entry, outlook, etc
• Ability to think clearly and maintain composure during stressful situations
• Demonstrated quality orientation.
• Associates degree or 1-2 years of vocational technical training preferred. HS diploma or equivalent required. Specialized skill training/certification may be required.
• Meet body weight restrictions of 260 pounds or less (safety regulation on the equipment to use)
• A medical practitioner will assess successful candidates to ensure they meet weight requirements as well as other physical attributes to perform physical demands of position at all times during their employment.
• Candidates must pass a pre hire drug screening; the candidate must be able to qualify for an American Express corporate card and have a valid driver’s license