Business Unit: Service Distributed Generation and Oil & Gas
Requisition Number: 247181
Primary Location: United States-New York-Painted Post
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
We're looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our manufacturing team as an Electrician in our Painted Post, NY facility. In this position you will plan and perform a wide variety of operations to install, test, repair, operate, and maintain all machine control equipment, power distribution systems and accessories. You will become a member of the local collective bargaining unit upon hire.
What are your responsibilities?
- Read and follow instruction manuals, prints, schematics, wiring diagrams, charts, and graphs.
- Be proficient in both basic and advanced electronic theory and practices and possess a working knowledge of related fields essential to a comprehensive understanding of electrical/electronic and power distribution applications.
- Devise and perform tests to check controls or machines for malfunctions, using standard or non-standard techniques--including use of complicated test equipment, such as: oscilloscopes, VTVM, optical scales, and circuit board testers.
- Understand and be able to use electronic and electrical principles; perform necessary calculations, using binary and/or boolean algebra equations to carry out test or repairs; test, diagnose, and repair circuit components, such as: circuit boards, relays, and power supplies.
- Align and calibrate machine measuring systems
- Must understand functions and operations of servo systems and components making up control systems, such as: transducers, tape readers, and other input systems or devices-solid state and magnetic control, hydraulic systems, machine feeds and speeds, modes of operation and electronic controls of complex air conditioning systems.
- Understand and be able to use proper Rigging practices in order to assist other tradesmen in loading, unloading and locating transformers and other heavy electrical equipment. Possess a working knowledge of lifting equipment necessary to complete task related functions.
- Direct and train less qualified people as required, see that work areas are kept clean and orderly.
- Will be responsible to make recommendations and perform corrective and preventive maintenance--both routine and complicated--for the proper operation and function of control equipment, as directed by their supervisor.
- Keep accurate log of control conditions for repairs and preventive maintenance performed on machine controls,
- Make necessary spare parts recommendations and direct and train less qualified people as required.
- See that work areas are kept clean and orderly.
- Performing brazing, soldering and welding (both gas and electric ) as needed to complete the electronic repair.
- Perform pipefitting work as needed to complete electronic repair. Will involve threading of pipe, using and installing hose clamps in rubber hoses. Work will be related to equipment or assets that electricians do electronic repair on. Will involve but not limited to air lines, coolant lines, hydraulic lines, oil lines, etc.
What do you need to qualify for this role?
- Technical Degree or certificate in assembly related field and/or a minimum of 1 years of assembly experience w/ a high school diploma or GED
- Perform operations required to lift, move, transport, and position any maintenance material, equipment or people.
- Be able to operate fork truck, electronic carts, and other motorized vehicle as required to perform tasks as related to maintenance.
- Able to perform mechanical task necessary to complete electronic task. May involve removal and reassembly of motors, pumps, guards, covers, brackets, belts, chains, etc. May require final mechanical adjustments during process of electronic task.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.