Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 247193
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Plymouth
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
- Performs preventative maintenance and diagnostics on automation system and components according to service agreement contracts. Tests and verifies system readings ensuring an optimal system operation.
- Identifies additional chargeable opportunities including time and material work, system upgrades and service contact expansion. Prices, proposes and proceeds with new work as per issued guidelines. Completes service repairs, replacements, upgrades, adjustments and calibration on automation systems and components following issued tasking, maintenance, trouble shooting and installation instructions.
- Performs system checkout and assists in automation systems startups for service installed jobs. May coordinate electrical installation with electrical contractor at job site as required. Completes and submits written service orders and reports covering all aspects of each assignment and activity. Completes and submits timesheets and other necessary information weekly.
- If improper operation is due to another system or component, discusses problem with customer and/or office and advises of the best course of action. Works with other branch, company or external service providers or vendors to arrange servicing and to resolve problem
- Participates in job site final walk and / or final completion for systems to service turnover on assigned jobs Conducts training and development classes for customers on site or at the branch. Delivers technical support, coaching and direction to end users and field labor when applicable Associate's degree in Electronics or other related field.
- Associate Degree or 2 year technical degree or equivalent years of experience
- 5+ years of experience in building automation controls required
- Strong knowledge of automation systems, mechanical systems, electrical concepts, and building operations.
- Building automation industry engineering and programming background.
- Skilled in programming, job start-up and checkout, and troubleshooting.
- Networking experience in Microsoft products. Sequel server preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and internal/external customer relation skills.
- Information Technology (IT) background.
- Integration experience with BACNET, MODBUS, Etc…
- Control vendor experience preferred. Siemens, Tridium, Johnson, Honeywell, Etc…
- Knowledge of programmable logic controllers desired.