Business Unit: Transmission Products
Requisition Number: 247198
Primary Location: United States-Mississippi-Richland
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
The world never stands still. And new challenges arise every day. With passion for questioning things, for supplying ideas, and intelligently driving things forward we are helping society move towards a more intelligent future. Be it with technologies that reduce carbon emissions or in cities or hyperintelligent robots. This is how we are able to tackle the most important projects and push them forward together. Help us shape the future.
The Transmission Products (TP) business unit located in Richland, MS. is seeking an experienced, self-driven Industrial Engineer. As a member of the Operation team the Industrial Engineer will be responsible as an interface between customer order engineering and manufacturing to ensure manufacturing process and tooling are defined. In this role, you will drive strong performance in the following objectives: Developing and improving manufacturing processes by studying product and manufacturing methods as well as Lean Management. You will report to the Operation Manager.
• Ensures manufacturing process defined and communicated from engineering to manufacturing.
• Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
• Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
• Ensures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
• Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
• Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information trends.
• Develop flow production layout using lean manufacturing methodologies to improve efficiency and process quality
• Change shop floor level work instructions / Check lists to reflect the proposed changes from the lean workshops.
• Support capital appropriation justification and in/outsourcing decisions
• Bachelor’s Degree required, Industrial Engineering degree or similar type preferred.
• 2+ years of experience in manufacturing engineering is preferred.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office required
• SAP experience a plus
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
• A self-starter and able to multitask
• Understanding of managing production processes. Production management experience is preferable.
• This is line improvement position so candidate must have experience or desire to do line improvement through Lean and or Six Sigma applications.
• Proactive, self-driven, team player and excellent interpersonal skills are required.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.