Business Unit: Large Drives Applications
Requisition Number: 247203
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Norwood
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
The Supplier Quality Engineer will support Siemens Norwood by effectively and proactively ensuring the highest possible quality levels for purchased materials. This involves building strong relationships with suppliers and improving supplier related processes such as qualification, development, integration, monitoring, and auditing.
The position reports to the Plant Quality Manager.
• Drive supplier performance and continuous improvement.
• Enforce preventive quality methods aimed at risk minimization.
• Maintain and Analyze Key Performance Indicators and Cost of Poor Quality data to identify recurring trends and drive improvement actions to reduce internal and external failure costs caused by Suppliers.
• Drive Supplier actions to verify part and process quality at the Supplier’s location to reduce the need for incoming inspection activities at Siemens Norwood.
• Support Product Engineering and Manufacturing in the resolution of Quality issues.
• Coordinate and communicate technical information to and from all levels of the organization including vendors, project managers, production team members, and operations managers.
• Execute supplier qualification processes, in cooperation with purchasing, procurement and engineering.
• Execute product/service qualifications and approvals based on specific requirements/specification.
• Plan and execute Supplier Audits including follow-up of audit measures.
• Create and negotiate Quality Assurance agreements including implementation in supplier processes.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• 5 + years of experience with Supplier Quality Management
• BS in Engineering or related degree
• Ability to design, maintain and improve specific Quality requirements
• Ability to work with the supply base of assigned commodities to reach long-term corrective action on quality issues and assist in the development of new supplier processes.
• Effective communication, facilitation and collaboration skills.
• Proven ability to work with multiple departments, such as Purchasing, Engineering, and Manufacturing.
• Effective problem solving and analytical ability
• Must be willing to travel both domestic and international 25%
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Working knowledge of Induction motors
• ISO 9001 Auditor Certification preferred
• VDA 6.3 Auditor Certification preferred