Business Unit: Customer Services
Requisition Number: 247233
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Alpharetta
Other Locations: United States-Illinois-Chicago, United States-Pennsylvania-Harleysville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 50%
Role: DI CS Head USA
Location: Alpharetta preferred; other locations: Chicago, Philadelphia
From digitalization to electrification and automation, Siemens is changing the world you live in and the places you work. Being part of our company lets you solve complex challenges, every day. Our people help to move the world forward. We are 351,000 innovators creating a new vision for the next generation.
The DI CS Head leads our dynamic Industry Services business, which is a 150 million business with about 280 employees worldwide.
Our Industry Services portfolio ranges from classic product related services (online support, training, field service, maintenance and upgrades) to innovative data based services (cyber security and cloud technology) which let customers leverage opportunities in the digitalization era. The overall goal of Industry Services is to support customers in increasing plant availability, reliability, and enhance productivity.
The DI CS Head USA sets global strategy, defines strategic targets, and takes overall P&L responsibility for management and performance results in the business unit, in order to contribute to DI CS results effectively.
With regard to the global accountability for Siemens industry service business unit and its employees the successful candidate will:
- Shape the Future: Drives digitalization efforts to the next level. Steers the business toward new horizons and structures. Grows the business by setting competitive targets and delivering on commitments.
- Act as an ambassador: Both internally and externally. Thinks of Siemens as a whole, and embodies our values. Is a representative of the entire Siemens group globally, to customers, suppliers, government and the media.
- Act as an entrepreneur: Understands market drivers; focuses on the customer’s perspective when setting priorities and taking action. Driven by impact and focused on results. Able to identify opportunity for portfolio changes including M&A on a global scale.
- Build and develop talent: Ensures we have the right people, with a global perspective including senior management internationally. Creates a work environment where people can unleash their full potential to face business challenges within the Siemens Enterprise.
- Create Efficiency: Builds the most effective and efficient global organization including support functions to reach the most competitive set up. P&L responsibility. Drives operational effectiveness to ensure future viability.
- A role model for horizontal leadership, living the Siemens “Picture of a leader”. Reflect and internalize the corresponding leadership criteria which are respect, focus, initiative, execution, be bold, decisive and courageous, motivate and engage, empower and trust, be honest, open and collaborative. Pro-actively demonstrate adequate behavior in your daily business and in your teams.
- Thinks about the big-picture, does not hesitate to test new things, anticipates what digitalization means for customer and proactively develops solutions.
- Creates an open and collaborative environment where all team members feel they can contribute at their full potential
- Industry Business- Previous work experience with Industry Software, Industry 4.0
- Service Business- Previous work experience in a leadership role in a Service Tech environment
- Digitalization- Proven experience utilizing digital tools
- Digital Enterprise- Proven experience in high end consulting services with a start-up mindset
- Machine Tools
- General Motion Control
- PLC, SCADA
- Business Development
- Cross-functional Leadership
- Processes Account Management
- Matrix Organizations
- Long-time experience in leading a large scale business across multiple countries in a matrix
- Availability to travel at least 50% of the time including international travel