Business Unit: Large Drives Applications
Requisition Number: 247240
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-New Kensington
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Process Industries and Drives Division helps manufacturers measurably increase productivity and improve time-to-market with our innovative, integrated technology and services. We support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/process-industries-and-drives.htm
The Quality team ensures effective implementation of the design development, manufacture, test, and field support for VFD products with focus on product safety, quality, reliability, and customer satisfaction.
The Quality Manager will implement the overarching Quality mission and strategy, and ensure implementation of related
Quality policies and guidelines, for Siemens Large Drive Applications, New Kensington.
The Quality Manager acts as a quality authority for all areas of Quality Assurance including Product Quality, Risk Management, Supplier Quality, and Quality in Projects.
- Manages factory location’s Quality Department through supervision of dedicated managers and professionals.
- Define, roll-out, and improve department and organizational processes
- Ensures and controls implementation of quality methods and risk management in production processes, projects and
- Ensures implementation and improvement of the Integrated Management System (including process
management) according to the factory quality strategy and respective local regulations.
- Ensures non-conformance cost (NCC) management and reporting.
- Plans, implements and follows up the audit program (including certification audits where applicable) and assessments.
- Implements the global quality programs with partner production sites, and monitors the effectiveness of these programs.
- Drives continuous improvement with management and lessons learned across the factory.
- Ensures that product safety activities are in line with internal and external regulations.
- Ensures the clarification of customer complaints regarding manufacturing and/or supplier issues.
- Develops strategy to drive quality best practices to suppliers
- Ensures and improves the relevant quality reporting including Management Review within the BU.
- Plans and proposes quality budget, and decides allocation of related financial and personnel resources, within given
- Executes the competence management and training system for quality related competences.
- Applies methods and tools to ensure quality of products and processes
- Focus on the customer’s perspective when setting priorities and taking action
- Conduct and define internal audits and self-assessments according to defined guidelines of ISO9001:2015
- Identify, analyze root causes, and prevent non-conformances costs before and after delivery
- Setting priorities, structuring and planning tasks and actions to achieve goals and meet timelines
- Analyzing situations, anticipating, identifying, and defining problems, seeking root causes, developing and implementing
- Understanding Siemens global organization and parts relevant to one's own business; Knowledge of Siemens business
strategy, values, vision and its range of products and services.
- Fosters team skills and motivation to achieve quality objectives
- Experience in managing people (>3 years), preferably salary & hourly
- Professional experience (>5 years) in Quality Management
- Experience (>7 years) in related areas of production and/or engineering. Preferably directly supporting a factory.
- Prefer some knowledge or experience in electro-mechanical system or transferable technical experience
- Proven ability to work cross functionally with multiple departments, such as Purchasing, Engineering, and Manufacturing.
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering beneficial